Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2004 5:09:24 PM EDT
I know this is trivial but... Which rail cover manufacturer do yall prefer?  I have eliminated the ladder style because it doesn't seem like it will help with heat deflection.  Let me know what ya think because I need 3.
Thanks,
Paige
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Tango Down are the ones I prefer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Any reason for the tango down?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer the good old KAC panels, myself.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Ladders are pretty good.
The key is getting your fingers off the metal rails.
Even more important, according to a recent thread from someone that attended a carbine class, is a vertical grip, which really avoids the heat.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the TD because the are cheaper than the KAC and are pretty easy to install and they are available in different colors,
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my Magpul XT's...........................  (if I could just get my Coyote Brown ones back)
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Magpul XT
I also use the ladders on one rifle but I prefer the XT's
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I prefer the good old KAC panels, myself.

What's the metal piece on the Knights panels? A mechanical retention clip?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Whatever came with my DD forend.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I have Magpul and they work quite well unless you cut them into short panels. I have two cut pieces that fill back and frt of my foregrip and they tend to get bump off by accident
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#11]
KAC. Stalk theh EE for a while, they go for cheap.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I prefer Magpul XT on the side rails.  Then use the ladders for the rails that arent being used in the 6 and 12 o clock position.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#13]
TangDown all the way.

KAC panels require the spring-clip to engage at either end of the rail Limiting your mounlocation options.  TD Panels can engage the rail anywhere(this comes in handy when the panels have been trimmed, or you are running them on a longer Rail Platform.

plus, the TD plain panels are a fraction of the cost..more for less!!!  what a concept!

Ladders are good for protection of 12:00 rail, but thats about it IMHO
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't forget that our very own Cavarms makes covers too.  I have some of their ladders and like them.

The big difference is the Magpul and Cavarms are rubbery, while the Tango Down and Knight's are rigid.

As Combat_Jack said you can often find the Knight's cheap on the EE when people swap them out for the flavor of the month.  Their rigidity can be a plus or a minus depending on how you intend to use them.

Cavarms panels

Some various Knights

Tango Down

Magpul
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top