Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2004 12:50:05 PM EDT
I was looking at the JoeKen website at their AR-15 selections and I would like feedback from anyone who has owned or operated one.  Are they crapp (hesse by another name) or are they good rifles?  I would greatly appreciate any feedback as I will be buying my first AR soon and they seem to be cheapest for the same features and I am told fully compatable with other manufacturers.  I feel I must say I am firmly an AK man and RELIABILITY is my first concern, and I am still not totally comfortable with the prospect of defending myself with a rifle firing varmint rounds.  Should I just wait for the 6.8 millimter to become cheaper and widespread?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm stayin out of this one!  

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Friends don't let friends by Hesse.  (aka Vulcan)

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<POS
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard that sooper dooper special forces the world over use VULCAN firearms.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've heard that sooper dooper special forces the world over use VULCAN firearms.

That's what the ex SF/SEAL/Force Recon guy selling jerky at the gun show said, right?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]
How ironic that you asked if they where Hesse by another name .
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Vulcan=Hesse, and Jokin' is known for charging your CC and never delivering what you purchased (or if they do deliver, it is weeks, maybe months later).
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Run away.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Vulcan/Hesse/Joeken...are all bad words in this forum..Do not speak it again...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Iguess the jury ihas made its verdict.  All the feedback is greatly appreciated.

thanks again,

Matt
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I just ordered 3 lowers from Joeken... Wish I would have done my homework!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#13]
If my feedback is an indicator cancel them hastilly
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh yeah forgot might I ask the nature of the problems other than the maker and not to be renamed supplier?

For refernce,

Matt
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:09:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Vulcan=Hesse=POS
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:45:56 AM EDT
[#16]

just kidding...if you do a search on Hesse or Vulcan...POS will be the phrase of the day.  Stay far, far away.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:04:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Why are those guys even ALLOWED to manufacture firearms?!  And how is it that they can still AFFORD advertising in the first few pages of Guns & Ammo?!

I once saw this VulcanArms 50 BMG that had a bolt that looked like it was constructed out of PIPE THREADS!!!  Someone please tell me how many heads (of the users) those rifles have blown off....

They must attract a lot of impulsive buyers that see the lowest price and immediately jump on it.  Poor, dumb bastards....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:05:06 AM EDT
[#18]
hesse, unsafe at any speed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Vulcan Arms, surely you must be Joeken....     (sorry for the pun)

OK, I guess I'll have to bring it out again....

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Vulcan Arms, surely you must be Joeken....     (sorry for the pun)

OK, I guess I'll have to bring it out again....

www.hunt101.com/img/181212-big.JPG

Hahahahaha! I am using a Vulcan carbon fiber upper for a build, it is fine. I wouldnt buy anything else from them though. Actually I got the upper reciever from a member.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Run!  He mentioned the V word!

He's jinxed us all!

- BG
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Maybe with a crude implement like an AK the manufaturers efforts to make a pretty, well made weapon are largley useless, but an M-16 or one of its variants is made to much closer tolerances and is farther from soldier proof. (idiot proof)   Put simply I do not have the same standards for an AK as I would for an AR but appearence matters little to me what I am interested soley in do the AR's or M-16's function reliably and perform at the least comparably to other makes?

Thanks,

Matt
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I didn't order 3 "Hesse" or "Vulcan" lowers. I ordered 3 Grizzly lowers from Joeken. Sorry for any confusion. I was more referring to Joeken's customer service reputation which sounds less than stellar to put it mildly. I do know Grizzly lower's are decent lowers. I just wish I had done my homework on Joeken.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Good lusk with them
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I didn't order 3 "Hesse" or "Vulcan" lowers. I ordered 3 Grizzly lowers from Joeken. Sorry for any confusion. I was more referring to Joeken's customer service reputation which sounds less than stellar to put it mildly. I do know Grizzly lower's are decent lowers. I just wish I had done my homework on Joeken.

let us know how it turns out
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Well here's the latest news. My FFL contacted them yesterday and they told him they are completely outm of stock. They told him that they would contact him as soon as they got them back in. This has been two weeks now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Guess which one is Joken' and which one is you.

In the future, there are a few rules you should live by for all things "AR15"
1) Do a "search" on your topic of interest.
2) ONLY buy from a member dealer on this forum (or from a local dealer.)
3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 any time you want to buy something for an AR15.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what the ex SF/SEAL/Force Recon guy selling jerky at the gun show said, right?

That's what they claimed themselves... they ran some ads about "VULCAN... The guns of the special forces!" or something
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Special Forces gets their pick of the best of best no expense spared often getting their own individual choice of weapons.  HK's Sig's handmade 1911's I doubt very seriously you would not find an operator carrying a P.O.S. like a Hesse vulcan whatever the hell they're calling it now.  Any real operator knows his weapons at a level most of us never will.  His skills and weapons are what keep him alive, you do not trust your life to A P.O.S.  the weapons they carry are known for reliability and durability.  I think that explains it sufficiently.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Spartan24,

I've built many AR15's using the LAR Grizzly lowers.  I've never had a problem with them.  I think they look and work great!  I happen to live a few miles from LAR's machine shop and always pick them up directly from them.  My first trip there, I happened to notice the Bushmaster logo on letter head.  I inquired about this and the manager of the facility mentioned that they made the lowers for Bushmaster for 10+ years.  They send them out fully machined and Bushmaster has the finish applied in another shop.  I confirmed this(that they are the supplier for Bushmaster) by reading that document with the Bushmaster logo/name.  Apparently they make the lowers for many other well named builders.

Needless to say, build with confidence.  I've had great success with these.  I think the finish is very nice and durable.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:00:26 AM EDT
[#32]
LAR makes good products, not doubt about that.

But I have not heard anything good about Joeken, only bad. I hope they did not charge you for those out of stock receivers.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#33]
VULCAN=HESSE=SHIT! Any questions?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top