Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 11:24:36 AM EDT
The stores I've gone into, or have called in the Tampa/St Petersburg area dont have any AWB Sunset M4's. Any suggestions...???
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask them to order you one I was at  Knights in the Clearwater area today they seemed to have a good store I am sure they would help you out
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Aww see I didnt check with Knights Shooting. Just called them... They're open till 8pm too!!!

If anyone else has Tampa Bay area suggestions or recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Knight's is a good dealer... Stay away from Kastle Keep on Ulmerton in Largo unless you're really desperate.  There used to be a police supply on Dale Mabry near McDill in Tampa that had good prices but I left the Tampa Bay area a few years ago and really don't know if they're still there...

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Knight's is a good dealer... Stay away from Kastle Keep on Ulmerton in Largo unless you're really desperate.  There used to be a police supply on Dale Mabry near McDill in Tampa that had good prices but I left the Tampa Bay area a few years ago and really don't know if they're still there...

castle keep will rip you off. Knights is good, but kinda high priced. There is a shop called CrackerBoysOutdoors, its a smaller place but the manager will treat you right, they are located on 62ave between US19 and 49th st. or you can look online, i believe they have a site.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
CrackerBoysOutdoors Seems like the sites down. Called them... only open til 6pm h

Keep the suggestios/recommendations coming :)

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Knights has some of the most outrageous prices I've ever seen, but maybe you'll get lucky.  I highly recommend Freedom Outfitters in Plant City.  It's a family owned business run by good people (one of the kids is even a member here).  I think you're pretty much out of luck other than that.  I bought my Bushmaster M4 before Freedom Outfitters was around (2 or 3 years ago) and wound up driving all the way up to Lake City to get it because the prices around town were so terrible.  I think the cheapest I found one around here was like $950.  One place (Patriot Arms in Brandon) wanted something like $1150.  We're not talking about a pre-ban or anything, just the standard post-ban Bushmaster M4-A3 style.  I ended up paying $775 in Lake City.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Kastle Keep =

All I'm gonna say on that.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I- wouldn't recommend Knight's as they are total, arrogant, A-holes, over-priced, and well, I'll leave it at that..... IMHO

There is a very good Police Supply outfit in St Petersburg, and they have everything you need, and are knowledgeable, fair, reasonable pricing.

Here.............

SRT Supply
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
(727) 526-5451
Email: [email protected]

I thought you needed another opinion on Knight's ....fast
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I- wouldn't recommend Knight's as they are total, arrogant, A-holes, over-priced, and well, I'll leave it at that..... IMHO

There is a very good Police Supply outfit in St Petersburg, and they have everything you need, and are knowledgeable, fair, reasonable pricing.

Here.............

SRT Supply
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
(727) 526-5451
Email: [email protected]

I thought you needed another opinion on Knight's ....fast

Unless you are LEO, they will not let you in the Front door of SRT. they are strictly LEO dealer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#10]
University Guns in Tampa (I think they are called) had a 16" HBAR Bushmaster with tele-stock for $899 today.  They are off Dale Mabry (sp) on Foster St. ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#11]
SRT LE only?
Not what I understood, but I wont argue it.

check.....HERE
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
SRT LE only?
Not what I understood, but I wont argue it.

check.....HERE

SRT will NOT allow you in the FRONT DOOR unless you are LEO> seriously I know, my buddy runs CrackerBoys which is litery 1/4 mile from there, he stops in there all the time, I have been in there only due to association with him, but they are really uptight and dont what public traffic in their shop.

Universal Gun and Pawn is on FLETCHER AVE. on the EAST side of I275. They are good ppl in there too, also they deal with C3.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Knight's is too high priced, even with their range.  Try university Gun on Fletcher (just before the Wal-Mart).  

The police supplier in Tampa is called Central Public Safety and is located on Osbourne Ave. across from Raymond James Stadium.  They are open to the public, unlike SRT Supply.  And yes, I had to show my badge just to get into SRT Supply.

www.public-safety-equip.com/
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:21:54 AM EDT
[#14]

SRT Update

I didn't think about civilian sales so I emailed them to which they replied................

Thank you for your e-mail.  We do not sell to the general public.  We only sell to Law Enforcement, government agencies and some private security companies. We do have a few items on ebay that anyone can bid on (I'm not sure whats on there right now).  I'm sorry we can't help you but if you tell me what your looking for maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Die-tryin' --I stand corrected on the referral, but my criticism of Knight's stands. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Bowhntr6pt- good to have you in our neighborhood. Hope things are well for you.

BTW: Isnt there an indoor range at that dealer on Dale Mabry? ---and it is good to hear that dealers haven't doubled up since the ban ended.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:53:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks everyone for the help, and direction.

Any reason why Kastle Keep has such a bad reputation? When I went there I wasn't impressed wth the selection, but the staff seemed helpful, and friendly.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:00:52 AM EDT
[#16]
To take it a step further - has anyone found standard capacity magazines locally?  Specifically, I'm looking for Glock 21 13 rounders and Ruger 10/22 25 rounders.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Thanks everyone for the help, and direction.

Any reason why Kastle Keep has such a bad reputation? When I went there I wasn't impressed wth the selection, but the staff seemed helpful, and friendly.

Not sure about others but, I asked them to FFL an online AK purchase for me once, and the Dick told me that store policy was 10% of purchase price + $50 admin fee.

For the ARSENAL SAM-7s, that would have come to $115

Needless to say, I found a new FFL, and a new shop
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top