Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 10:02:59 AM EDT
Since the AWB has died, can we put folding stocks on our AR's purchased in the past 10 years ? Thanks in advance to all who respond. Brian.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Roger that....  Although I have never seen a folding stock persay for a AR, but a collapsable is probably what you meant right???
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I did mean collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#3]
So you are saying I can take all my post ban rifles and put the bad features on them and they will be legal? If another ban comes into affect, would I have to change them back or would the modifications be grandfathered in because I altered the rifles before the new ban. Does the modification affect the resale value of the altered guns? just curious!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes you can add all the features back to your guns now.   As to what would happen if there is another ban, well....  we will have to wait and see because no one can say what would happen.   However, I seriously doubt anything is going to happen for quite some time, unless Kerry wins and pushes hard for it.   But having said all that, I would bet my left nut, that if another ban comes into place, they will allow us all to own whatever we have.  But just in case, I am holding on to all my postban accessories.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The federal ban is dead for now but if you live in a state with an AWB you are unaffected by the sunset of the federal law.  Make sure to check your state laws before putting said evil features on your rifle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Would all the evil feature put on a post-ban rifle affect the resale value?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Would all the evil feature put on a post-ban rifle affect the resale value?

it would increase because people like evil
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top