Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 5:56:40 AM EDT
I have a JP Trigger assembly that has never been installed. Any reason(s) why I should/should not install it? Should I just sell the damned thing?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:38:50 AM EDT
[#1]
There's nothing wrong with a properly-installed JP trigger group.  If it's set up right, it will last a long time.  I've got 4 or 5 of them with thousands of rounds through; the trigger pulls have not appreciable changed.  JP installed and set up all of mine.

A lot of people screw up the installation, don't follow the instructions, or use the wrong springs and then have problems.

-z
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Sell it.....

To ME.

+1 A lot of people screw up the installation, don't follow the instructions, or use the wrong springs and then have problems.

MT_Pockets
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#3]
i put one of their single stage trigger kits and speed hammer in my bushmaster.  follow their instructions to the letter.  trigger package comes with a video.  watch it several times.  they recommended blue loctite; i used red.   i used the "tactical" spring kit.  wonderful trigger.  4.5 lbs., crisp, clean break, very fast reset.   my factory trigger was a rough, gritty, 8 to 9 lbs.    you won't regret this trigger.    mcole
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#4]
You should not!  But you should sell it to me QUICK!  Really cheap!  Before I change my mind.

Seriously, the JP is a great trigger.  It takes a little bit of time and a small amount of skill to install it, but once it's in you'll love it.  I have over 1850rds on one and it's remained reliable and crisp.

If you do decide to sell it however, send me an email.  I have a couple of other lowers inbound that will need a good trigger.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a job for a gunsmith (maybe even JP themselves). I would rather not play with it. One thing I noticed: the kits are expensive.

Should I have any concerns? Would there be any reason NOT to put it in (i.e. ammo selection)? I noticed in the Brownell's catalogue they have a "Service Rifle Spring Kit."
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had zero ignition problems in any of my AR15's or my AR10 using the JP trigger.  I had JP do all the work and install the entire trigger group including hammer and springs.

-z
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have had zero ignition problems in any of my AR15's or my AR10 using the JP trigger.  I had JP do all the work and install the entire trigger group including hammer and springs.

-z

What are they charging?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
It was $220 laber included, return shipped, last time I checked.  Everything is adjusted and locktited in place.  

Everyone who dry-fires these gets a funny faraway look and says something like <NEO>Woah</NEO>

-z
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top