Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 9:46:43 PM EDT
I was watching a show on the History Channel where they were discussing US soldier's rifles over time. They had Hackworth the m16 hater on. (What is with his image and fruity voice? looks more at home on QVC selling a hair product, but that's another topic) he said he would rather take the M1 into battle than the M16. He also said that the M16a2 was more reliable than the A1. Now the A2 does have tougher plastic and a heavier barrel but is it anymore reliable? TO be clear I am talking about the A1 with the FA not the Air Force M16.

So is the A2 more reliable (jams less) than the A1 or are they the same in this regard?    
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Right, the History channel idiots asked him why he liked the M1 over the m16s and he said you can swing it and stab and it's a real gun. WTF by that logic a sword would be the best weapon. He is a moron from everything I've heard him say.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone who listens to him ought to have their head examined.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top