Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2004 3:40:17 PM EDT
I'm in the process of getting a carbine. Orignally it started off with ordering a bushmaster M4 A3.. but for some reason they are having trouble getting them ordered.  So the guy says he has a pair of pre-ban Colt M4's coming in.

Not sure what to go with now, colt or bushmaster.  Which is better? Or would i not really notice a difference.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Pre-ban now means old.
If you have a lower, get a new upper.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Why buy a preban Colt that is 10+ years old, unless of course you are going to be geting a great price...  Buy a new Colt, or new Bushie.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of rifle do you want?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a brand new bushmaster M4 ordered but no one at the store is sure when it will be there.

Probably will go with the bushie.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a brand new bushmaster M4 ordered but no one at the store is sure when it will be there.

Probably will go with the bushie.

Same thing happened to me, I just called the store every day.  Then they got fed up and just sold me one of the ones they've already ordered for a customer inline (in front of me).  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd say Colt or Bushy or whatever of the two you can get quicker.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#7]
BM uses ful MIL-SPEC and Colt doesnt...also the BM are more POST-PAN freindly or atleast the company is...Plus they are cheaper and just as good if not better
Beau
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
You can buy any "pre ban" upper thru Bushy right now. 100's in stock. $550 complete.
20" Bushys here at EE are going for $600
You can have 2 no ban uppers and one lower for under $1,200
Right now
No wait

"COPE" has a nice threaded Bushy 20" for sale currently.
Buy a FS and twist it on the barrel.
Now you'll have 2 "no ban" uppers and a lower for near $1,200.
If you get the (upper only) from Bushy (under $400), and interchange the B/C/CH, you'll have 2 "no ban" uppers and a lower for under a $1,000.
Right now!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top