Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2004 2:04:18 PM EDT
Who has the most beat up or well worn AR15 on this board? Maybe something you pieced together on the cheap from the EE or gun shows? Maybe an old SP1 that you have had for years, and treated it like a tool...not a safe queen? I'd love to see pics of these workhorses or parts bin specials...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Not mine, and NOT the way I would treat an M16.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow...thanks for getting it started...come on ppl., I know you guys have to have some cool pics.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice, mine will look like that one day.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#4]
That gun in the pic runs really well and it has 10's of thousands of rounds on it.  I've put a few through it myself.  Believe it or not, it started as an ASA ( american spirit arms ) ar15 receiver.

-luke
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
tagged... I don't have any beaters but I'd like to see some pics.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I couldn't believe my eyes... especially when when I saw the auto sear pin and the auto markings.  Then upon closer inspection, I noticed the "Restricted Law Enforcement" stamping.  Then I realized it was a cheap replaceable machinegun!!!  At least there have been a number of officers who have contributed to its well used, possibly abused??? life!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#7]
btt...Anymore? Bueller, Bueller?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/135wornM16-med.jpg
Not mine, and NOT the way I would treat an M16.hr

Looks like someone shot the living piss outta that rifle.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Take a look at isayeret.com. Lots of well uses israeli rifles over there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Take a look at isayeret.com. Lots of well uses israeli rifles over there.

Thanks, I'll do that...I was just hoping maybe some members had some beat up ARs they might want to share. I know they can't all be safe queens.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I requested photos like that awhile back. Only ones I saw were Israeli military & a couple LEO rifles. No civilian posted anything approaching a worn AR. I think just about everyone here has safe queens.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I requested photos like that awhile back. Only ones I saw were Israeli military & a couple LEO rifles. No civilian posted anything approaching a worn AR. I think just about everyone here has safe queens.

What got me thinking about this pic request was remembering all of those M16A2 kits that were sold a few years back (I believe thru Tapco). They were really cheap, and I know a lot of them were being refinished...but I bet some of them wound up on some old lowers and made up a cool beater AR. I think the most worn out M16 pics I have ever seen were some in SOF from the Phillipines. I believe they were our guns left in Vietnam that made their way to muslim rebels...talk about worn out! Some had no finish left on the lowers at all...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Damn, they beat that one so long and hard that they broke the carry handle clean off.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey Ricker, do you know about that picture?  
It's used as an add for the LMT sight, but it is different than the production LMT.  
It has more material in the front side, near the top.
Did they change designs or something?
Is it a prototype?
Or a knock-off?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#18]
That's probably from banging into gear. My reciever has lots of scratches on it from when I do transition drills and it grates against my surefire's textured side. It's a MG, but luckily a sear conversion ...

Doc
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It's used as an add for the LMT sight, but it is different than the production LMT.  
Is it a prototype?
Or a knock-off?

I think that's a regular detachable carry handle that somebody took and "Dremeled" off the sight portion.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn,  you  guys need  to consider camo paint.

TG
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it a prototype?
Or a knock-off?

I think that's a regular detachable carry handle that somebody took and "Dremeled" off the sight portion.

NOPE- It's not chopped.  I forget who makes them like that, but it's not chopped.  Chopped ones don't taper down in the front.  they just end all nasty like my other handle that i chopped.  Not that I did a bad job, but it just doesn't look as nice as his.

look at me!  i'm stupid!!  wrong BUIS
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/135WORNA1Kitty-med.jpg

That is a really cool gun...thanks for the pics guys...TheRicker: was that in a fire? lol
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#23]
C'mon, how 'bout some more pics.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it a prototype?
Or a knock-off?

Not to Knock LMT, but their BUIS costs about $120, most of us with A3's probably have the carry handle already, why not chop it?  Or just get a $90 new one and chop it yourself?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll try one last btt...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top