Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 7:33:30 AM EDT
I have an M-4, what is the correct way to zero the weapon. what yd. or m. also where should i set my rear sight on befoe o zero...thanks, I'm new at this.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Underneath the AR15.COM logo at the top of the page is a little box with the word INFORMATION inside of it (I’m not being sarcastic), between the boxes EQUIPMENT EXCHANGE and TOOLS & SERVICES. There should be an article in there on how to sight it in. However, it will probably say 25 yards since that is standard military procedure. For the best results though, sight it in at 50 yards. There was another thread recently about this.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#2]
From Forest Zeroing Methods
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#3]
It's off this website, but those poor guys in Maryland have a good website too (Maryland AR15 Shooters Site). This has information about many different sighting procedures - 25 meters, 50 yards, Marine 300 Meter Battlesight Zero, New Marine 300 Meter Battlesight Zero, Army 250 Meter Zero for the M16/M16A1 Rifle, 9mm AR-15 Carbine Zero, Reflex/Reflex 2 Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight Zero, M68 Close Combat Optic (Aimpoint) Zero, Zeroing Telescopic Sights with Built In Bullet Drop Compensators (BDC), 25 Yard Method of Zeroing , plus a table of Sight Adjustments at 25 Meters for barrels of 14.5, 16 and 20 inches.

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/zeroingmethods.msnw
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#4]
hey guys thanks a lot
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top