Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 9:53:35 PM EDT
I still see Pre-ban guns for sell over a 1000 bucks online. I saw 1 pre-ban lower with coll. stock for 900.  Other than being a collectors value this is crazy. Guns are suppose to be shot anyway.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
At a preban price, no.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
If you lived in an AWB state you wouldn't have choice...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw a preban for $2k last week.  

Plus the $135 G21 mags in the EE
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#4]
me

if it was less than 50% of srp and  a reputable brand
an ar is an ar, as long as it works
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Why is it that no one can understand the concept of state level bans?

It really makes some poeple look stupid. Not every AR15 owner knows of the site (although they should) and knows that the lifting of the Fed ban has made thousands of "prebans" available to them. Those will still command a premium price (exception being the nice folks from here trading prebans one for one).
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Exactly....  I live in the republic of New York, and here we have a ban FOREVERRRRRR.

Or until all the liberals get run out, which is the same as saying forever.

That is why I purchased a post-ban very cheap, most places want to get rid of them because who cares about crappy old NY anyway.

Grrr, and to make it worse, I live in NYC -- NO "ASSAULT" RIFLES AT ALL!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:41:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Wolf works great in my AKs.  I haven't been to a show yet but there is always this loser dealer who is close to the front doors here is the Houston area.  It looks like he has had the same prebans on his table for the last two years.  I doubt he has lowered his prices.  I wish he could sell something so he could afford a decent haircut.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:43:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I saw a preban for $2k last week.  

Plus the $135 G21 mags in the EE

I got $100 for my G21 mags before the ban, last week I sold one for $12.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:04:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
People buy and shoot Wolf brand ammo and you have to ask if there are stupid people in the world?

I havent had a problem shooting wolf yet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:38:57 AM EDT
[#11]
WTS: NIB COLT M4A3 $2.25K Shipped -REDUCED!

This one got a laugh out of me.. NIB on a SP1 lower.. hahahahahaha Overpriced mixmaster...hehe
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:42:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I still see Pre-ban guns for sell over a 1000 bucks online. I saw 1 pre-ban lower with coll. stock for 900.  Other than being a collectors value this is crazy. Guns are suppose to be shot anyway.

The only Pre-Ban worth buying since the sunset would be a ALL Factory built Colt SP-1, the original civilian AR.  They won't be producing anymore SP-1's, it has it's place in firearms history.

IMHO
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:09:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Because I, being a Mass.-hole, (and others) have no choice. Pre-1994s are are and will be our only source for ARs.  

ALL YOUR PRE-BANS (should) BELONG TO US!

Trapped in the Land Of Kerry!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:31:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I gotta wonder how many of the people selling expensive preban guns don't have any idea what exactly the ban was about and as a result, still think they have something special. Surely, there aren't that many greedy people out there. Then again, there probably are. But I still wonder if they think they have something special.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Hell, I don't even have the funds for a pre-ban... at normal prices no less.

Regardless,  us state ban folks, as said above, need your prebans.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I went to a gun show this past Saturday.  Lots of vendors but very low attendance, most likely due to folks cleaning up after Ivan.  I saw a real mixed bag of dealer attitudes.  There were a couple of "mom & pop" dealers with a single table full of WAY overpriced "pre-ban" weapons ("Special sale!  Marked down from $3000 to $2600!  Today only!"), but there were several larger dealers with "NO MORE BAN!" signs and new ARs starting at $625.  I noticed a new Bushy "plastic" receiver model with collapsible stock for $800.  Same with magazines - some still at "ban" prices & some real bargains.  I bought the latter.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because I, being a Mass.-hole, (and others) have no choice. Pre-1994s are are and will be our only source for ARs.  

ALL YOUR PRE-BANS (should) BELONG TO US!

Trapped in the Land Of Kerry!  

Pre-bans will remain over priced here in MA, just like all those Used pistols at new prices or new + 50%, that we cannot buy New (due to the 10/98 law). I will continue to buy Post-Bans, more affordable, and still go bang...  Yes, The MA ban is permanent, but not a complete outright ban yet...
At least this is not CA!

Get out and Vote!! Don't let the Grabber get in and propose/Approve more Federal restrictions!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top