Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 3:34:42 PM EDT
This is my first AR build and it has kinda been like a "hunt". Part of the fun is the"hunt". Went to several gunshops to find one that would do an FFL transfer. Noticed that the ones that had AR's on the shelf wanted to sale me their AR and not do a transfer! $40 for a transfer!!! Finally found a local shop that would do it for $20. This was a smaller shop and the guy was an AR enthusiast!! He was tickled about me building one! Made a new friend and $20 for a transfer is the cheapest I have found in Western NC. What do you guys pay for your Transfer??

Called Warren at Ameetek, he took my order and CC number, FFL letter goes out to him tomorrow next day!!  Pretty darn painless so far. Now if I can just decide on barrel.... foregrips....Gotta have a case,,, now I am gonna need a locker for the ammo,  maybe a new room onto the house for my new equipment!!! Snow balling fast....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Class 3 that does transfers for free if you are an NRA member.  Can't beat that!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow! almost everyone around here wants in your pocket!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#3]
$10 per order. doesn't matter if it is one serial # or 10, each order is $10.

one of the shops i frequent is $30/serial number, and another is $25... so, i go the $10 route.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Like I said in another post, my only 9for now) choice was $40 per serial in Yuma. But in Phoenix, I can find FFL's that charge from $15-$25 per serial.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I charge only $10 at my shop.. In Northern Panhandle of WV if anyone needs the service..
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The club I belong to charges $2, but they have weird hours. The usual FFL I deal with charges $10.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top