Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2004 3:29:16 PM EDT
I tried for about 45 min to no avail. Do you have to take them apart?

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/yhm-9670.asp
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I just did these in my buddys rifle they install no diffrent than regular hand guards just need to get the lock tabs lined up with the barrel nut
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a set of those and had to use a handguard removal tool to hold the delta assembly back so I could get them on.  They were TIGHT.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You put the front end into the front handguard cap first.
You have to pull the delta ring all the way back before you can put the back end in.
You could use something like a credit card as a showhorn.
I used a screwdriver
Be careful it will scratch your delta ring and the handguards, but the handguard scratch would be covered by delta ring, so that's OK.

There are pins on the one end, that fit into the "sprockets/teeth" of the barrel nut.
I find it easy to do while the gun is put together, so I have more leverage.

Let us know if it works.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they have any shake to them or do they lock in tight?
I put a set of alostyr's on my wulf and am looking for something nice for my m4gery.
Please let us know how they do.
w50g
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#5]
you need the tools if you are a weak girly man, I managed to remove and install new ones by myself without any tools and I'm no strong man by any stretch. JK they are a pain to remove
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
mine were installed be me alone i litterally had to pry and beat them into place. i'll buy a new upper before i take them off they were a real bitch.

they are very sturdy. as sturdy as the free floaters i've seen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I  installed mine,just like always,manually, recently purchased one of those  handguard  pryer.

But,havent  tried them yet.

Only  problem, I can see  using  one of those, I'll have to remove my Aimpoint &  tilt forward mount.

TG
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine went on with no problem, tight as all getout also...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I had to whack mine with a rubber mallet for the top half but the bottom half went on fine.  They are tight!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#10]
how do those handguards compare with some of the other after market ones?  Those seem to be a good deal...and I would hate to waste money on something like first samco....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Great!.
Not really that bad of a price either.
I looked at a set of the alostyr's to put on but they were the same price as the ones for the midlength.
And if they're that tight I won't need that Carry handle mount rail anymore.
They hold zero good with an aimpoint or eotech ?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I got these with the intended possibility of putting an AIMPOINT on the handguard.
I have little doubt I could, if needed.
Will have to see how I like it on the receiver first.

They are rock solid.
One thing that is important when using with a flat top... the barrel nut MUST be perfectly straight.
I had to torque down my barrel nut pretty hard to get the rail to line up perfectly with the upper rail.

The handguard engages the barrel nut "sprocket teeth", and coupled with the extra tight fit, there is no way these are going to twist or move around any faster than a free floated handguard.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
how do those handguards compare with some of the other after market ones?  Those seem to be a good deal...and I would hate to waste money on something like first samco....

www.ar15reviews.com
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#14]
thanks for that link..I havent heard of that place before!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top