Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 8:38:41 AM EDT
I hope this is in the correct forum, I apologize if it isn't.  I keep reading in the papers, on the news, etc., that gun prices (those affected by the ban) should be dropping.  I've noticed on most websites and in a few gun shops that they aren't.  I'm getting ready to purchase my first AR-15, but I want to get the best deal I can...any suggestions where I can find an AR with ML handguard, 16" barrel, basic standard gun for a reduced price?  I haven't noticed any on any of the auction sites either...

Depending upon price, I'm leaning towards either a Bushy or RRA.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you have in your budget?

MT
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Prices for "pre-bans" should go down, since for most of us they are just used rifles (unless you live in a bad place). But a new "AR-15" you could've bought a month ago (before the ban went away) shouldn't have been any more expensive than the equivalent new "AR-15" today. The only difference is a new one can come with a flash supressor and bayonet lug, and if you want to pay a little more you can legally get a collpsable stock on it now..
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess about $750 for a bare gun.  I found a RRA with a 16" barrel on Adcofirearms.com for about $732.

I guess that's about a good a deal as any, right?

Thanks for the responses, that makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I guess about $750 for a bare gun.  I found a RRA with a 16" barrel on Adcofirearms.com for about $732.

I guess that's about a good a deal as any, right?

Thanks for the responses, that makes sense.

Is that bare as in no flash hider, bayo lug, and collapsible??? I personally would give no more tha $400 maybe $500 for a old post ban..
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
coltshort14,

I post ban is fine by me as long as it is new.  Where can I get one for the price you mentioned, or can I get a new pre-ban for about $750?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]

check here for dealers under the "firearms" section: jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/board.html?b=7

or even check here, look at the bushmasters: www.aimsurplus.com

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
What ban?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the links!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top