Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 8:04:18 PM EDT
I know I know...this isn't AR-15 specific but I do use an RCBS JR2 press to reload for it.  Here is what I must share with everyone.  My press is old, maybe even antiquated.  A handed down item if you will.  Some parts were showing lots of wear and although it is still usable sometimes it gets to be a pain having to adjust the slop out of the worn pins.  I went to the RCBS website and looked to see if they had any reference to older presses.  I could only find an RCBS parts list.  They had parts for my model listed so I emailed their tech support and asked them how much the parts would cost.  Few days later I received a response saying yes we have those parts.  They have been shipped out at no cost.  Have a great day.  Whoa,  I couldn't believe it.  I emailed the lady back and thanked her.  She said it was no problem as all RCBS parts have lifetime warranties.  Here is a copy of her reply:

Wes,
    When we put a lifetime warranty on our parts we mean it.  We like to
take care of our customers, and to keep them buying our product, if
possible.  Please feel free to tell all your friends.  And remember, if you
ever break anything, or need replacement parts for any of our products, just
contact us.

Oh yea, I asked her if it would be okay if I told my friends.  Anyway, the moral of this story?  Sometimes companies do stand by their stuff.  That and they have earned my support hought

Wes
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know I know...this isn't AR-15 specific but I do use an RCBS JR2 press to reload for it.  Here is what I must share with everyone.  My press is old, maybe even antiquated.  A handed down item if you will.  Some parts were showing lots of wear and although it is still usable sometimes it gets to be a pain having to adjust the slop out of the worn pins.  I went to the RCBS website and looked to see if they had any reference to older presses.  I could only find an RCBS parts list.  They had parts for my model listed so I emailed their tech support and asked them how much the parts would cost.  Few days later I received a response saying yes we have those parts.  They have been shipped out at no cost.  Have a great day.  Whoa,  I couldn't believe it.  I emailed the lady back and thanked her.  She said it was no problem as all RCBS parts have lifetime warranties.  Here is a copy of her reply:

Wes,
    When we put a lifetime warranty on our parts we mean it.  We like to
take care of our customers, and to keep them buying our product, if
possible.  Please feel free to tell all your friends.  And remember, if you
ever break anything, or need replacement parts for any of our products, just
contact us.

Oh yea, I asked her if it would be okay if I told my friends.  Anyway, the moral of this story?  Sometimes companies do stand by their stuff.  That and they have earned my support

Just thought I would share something good with everyone.  I have already shared it with my friends!  Have a great day

Wes

+1 on RCBS Customer service.

They have stood behind their products more than once.

My Rock Chucker lost the tab to the primer tray, they had a replacement at my door in two days...Even thought I offered to pay for it, after all, my rock chucker IS 9 years ol, they wouldn't take it...

Wnenever I can, I will buy RCBS equipment...

...and wnenever I get a chance, I will plug thier unbeatable "We'll stand behind our products" pledge.

Hats off to you guys, RCBS.

Signed,

Customer for life!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:13:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a .50 BMG press second hand and the ball on the handle was missing.  I emailed RCBS about it, even telling them I had bought it second hand, and the next thing I know there was a brand new ball handle in the mail and no charge...  Again, this is the reason why I stick with RCBS and Leupold whenever I can... Both high quality and top notch customer service...

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I load 5.56mm on my Rockchucker too (just justifying making a comment here also).  I purchased my RC back about 1973 or so.  Shortly after RCBS changed the handle from the plastic sleeve to the round ball, I called up RCBS and asked them to send me one of the new handles and to bill me for it.  A few days later, the new handle arrived and no bill.  I called them and was told about the same thing as above.

RCBS has great customer service.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had a Rock Chucker for 9 years give or take, and have loaded hundreds of rounds of 300 WBY and 30/06, and thousands of rounds of .45 ACP on it.  FWIW, I can't understand why they put a warranty on it at all, because it is indestructible!!!  On a side note, last week my Lee Auto-Prime broke in the middle of loading for my CCW class.  I dug around and found the priming tool for the Chucker still in the box.  It works so well I don't know if I will get that Lee fixed or not.  I am in the market now for a progressive, and am torn between the RCBS 2000 and Dillon 550B.  I am leaning towards the Dillon, but the performance of my RCBS press, trimmer, scale, and tons of other misc. equipment has shown me that RCBS doesn't make any junk!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:03:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Good post, wrong forum.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top