Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 5:47:27 PM EDT
I have a 20" Bushmaster A3 type.  I have a armalite scope mount and a leupold 3x9 scope.

I did the "15 minute trigger job", which helped, but I plan on further upgrading the trigger.  I haven't decided which aftermarket trigger to go with yet.

What are the best & most cost effective reliability & accuracy mods that you would recommend?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you want a one stage or two stage?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd recommend the RRA two-stage. I believe you can pick them up of the EE forum for about $80 right now. I have one and they are very nice. Break at 3.5lbs if I'm correct and its like a glass rod
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd recommend the RRA two-stage. I believe you can pick them up of the EE forum for about $80 right now. I have one and they are very nice. Break at 3.5lbs if I'm correct and its like a glass rod

+1

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
most popular = rail system
most useful & cost effective = definitely not a rail system

The only thing I could suggest is an aftermarket pistol grip if your hands are to big for A2 grip.    I recommend the SPR grip
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Accuracy enhancing techniques?? Hmmmm????

Good box of ammo               $15
Jwell 1.5 lb match trigger    $200
Kreiger match barrel            $400
Properly headspacing that gizmo that pulls the trigger
PRICELESS!

Unfortunately experience and practice doesn't come cheap. All other mods are secondary
You can get a JP trigger and use the factory hammer for about $100.It's nice down to about 3 1/2. I don't know about 2 stages being all that reliable and if you're going to spend the money and go that way, ya might as well do it right and get the Jewell. Good luck
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
In addition to the above, a free-floated barrel will also help accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
rra 2-stage tuned by john from woa

carried by www.adcofirearms.com/acc/whiteoak.cfm?page=woa
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:04:26 AM EDT
[#8]
My favorite Mod is to MODIFY my weekend schedules so I can shoot more offten to be a better shooter and not rely on the stuff that cost me money and doe not make me a better shooter.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top