Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 5:00:43 PM EDT
looking at the rock river uppers and they have the midlength handguards so the upper will accept a bayonet. my question is are the rock river uppers reliable? are they a peice of junk? or are they good quality

thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
i've heard mostly good stuff about RRA; little negative reviews, lot of recommendations

but i buy bushmaster
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Rock River makes great stuff.

As I've posted elsewhere, I'm not a fan of their cusromer service.  However, to be fair, many others sing the praises of their customer service.

I have a couple of their complete lowers and a complete upper myself, and have seen many scores of others.  They produce superior products, and I will buy more.

I also really like Doublestar/J&T Distributing, who, on top of selling top notch products, also have great customer service, and I will be buying again for them before RRA.  RRA sells a 24inch SS Varmint upper on a flattop receiver that you can get with a 1/12 twist (about the only place that you can get something like that).  That will be my next RRA purchase.

Summarizing, buy RRA stuff with confidence.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Owned BM, Colt, DPMS and now RRA.  See no difference in quality.  RRA has a nicer finish than the others, atleast I like it more.  But, who cares about the finish, right?

My RRA has performed flawlessly.  100% function, and equals my Colt M4 in accuracy.  The reg RRA barrel is heavy, though.  VERY thick under handguards.  Plan to have my barrel re-profiled when I have the fact muzzel break taken off and phantom installed.

I have no complains.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]

i was gonna go with the mid length one.

thanks for the replies

edited to add....
will this upper fit on my bushmaster lower?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#5]
If you buy a RRA upper, look at ADCO firearms first.  They are board favorites.  That way, if there are any service issues, the ADCO guys will help you out.  And also, they had some lightweight RRA dissipator custom barrels available earlier that they did.  You should check with them to see if they are still available.  You can talk to them in their ADCO INDUSTRY FORUM
They respond to inquiries lightning fast.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
+4
An RRA CAR-16 A4 just won the latest government torture test and was awarded the contract to produce something like 5,000 rifles for the DEA and FBI.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd contact RB Precision if you are looking into a RRA upper. There prices are the lowest I've found and there great to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got a RRA upper to go with my stag lower it's great.
Got it from Eagle Firearms, they have great prices and are great to work with.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you buy a RRA upper, look at ADCO firearms first.  They are board favorites.  That way, if there are any service issues, the ADCO guys will help you out.  And also, they had some lightweight RRA dissipator custom barrels available earlier that they did.  You should check with them to see if they are still available.  You can talk to them in their ADCO INDUSTRY FORUM
They respond to inquiries lightning fast.

+1 -- The guys at ADCO hooked me up with my RRA STD 20" Rifle.  Love it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

will this upper fit on my bushmaster lower?

May require minor fitting.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top