Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 4:41:03 PM EDT
I am going to build an enirely O.D. green rifle but I can't find any green handgaurds except the A-2 type, there is a bewildering variety of handgaurds to choose from lately, all black, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Check Armalites web site for a free float tube style front end:

www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/components/nm.htm
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Cavalry Arms makes furniture in green, brown, etc.
Armalite makes a green fiberglass float tube
PRI makes a green carbon fiber float tube
There have been some green SIR handguards
You can get a railed forend and use green rail panels.
You can get whatever handguards you want and paint them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I am starting with a Bushmaster lower with an A-2 trapdoor type stock (in O.D.)  and a mil-spec upper (RAS) whatever that means.I am having the whole thing done with Gun-Kote O.D. on all metal. But, I did not think that a free float handgaurd would easily go on a standard upper, where is the delta ring in this, and paint always comes off eventually. Sorry if this sounds silly, thats what questions are for.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]
O.K. well really silly, I just went to Cavalry Arms and i see that they have a good assortment of multi-colored AR handgaurds including OD of course, why did I not know this. Maybe my wife will finally submit to my rifle mania if I give her a hot pink or baby blue  AR-15, who knew such a thing existed. Thanks
P.S. A little embarresed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been buying mine from Cory at Adrenaline Arms.  He has good prices and ships fast.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you going to do the metal parts OD green as well?  Here is a pic of a friends AR15 that I refinished, along with a 1911 that was done as well.  The green furniture is all RRA that he got from ADCO, the Norrells refinsihing is very easy to do, and would run you under $50 for everything to redo your entire weapon.

REFINISHING LINK

Here is a closer up pic of the 1911 to give you a better idea of the OD green coloring.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is a set of tan handguards that i personally painted OD green.

Stock too---duh?

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#9]
What is the green kit thing called?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What is the green kit thing called?

Huh?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Stickman.  
What color did you use on the AR?
The OD green looks super on the 1911.

Great Job!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top