Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 4:40:16 PM EDT
After much lurking and reading I think I have my shopping list  ready.  Got to shoot a buddy's AR couple weeks ago and got hooked. This will be a build it myself project. Will add most of the custom stuff later as $$$ are available. With the current setup listed below It will save me some $$ that will go towards an ACOG. What do you think and am I missing any thing?

Megga lower from Ameetec $90
Lower Parts kit                     $55
Charging handle latch          $15.95  (makes grabbing the latch a little easier)
Hogue grips                           $20
Complet bolt carrirer             $115
Megga upper complete           $105

What about CMT upper complete from Global Tactical for $88???

From CMMG
16" chrome lined 1/7 barrel  $225
Rear flip sight                          $72
Phantom                                   $32
DPMS Multitool                        $35
Action Block                              $40
CAR handgrip with lower
picatinny rails                             $49

2 Magazines @                             $15 apiece

Total                                            $883.95

What have I missed???

edit.. Forgot to add, already have traded for an ACE SOCOM collapsable stock. Makes it easier to share the rifle with my 12 year old son!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Just did a build using a STAG stripped lower,  RRA LPK kit and RRA 6-position collapsible stock, plus a complete 16" complete chrome lined 1X7 upper from CMMG.

$700 and some change.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]
how about ammo?
never ran accross a gun that ran w/ out ammo

try 1000 rds of xm-193 for $180 at sportsmansguide.com or ctd.com\
more usgi mags
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
and a good sling
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I could loose the hogue's and rear sight and tools and come in around 700 but this is still in my price rang and will probably be building several other AR's. I have 3 sons who love to shoot and AR's would make great graduation gifts  when I am convinced they will be responsibale enough. Got to do some more research on the ammo. Been to the oracle and doing some reading there. What slings do you guys use. I shoot with a sling and was wondering what works good with the AR for shooting.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top