Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 4:23:43 PM EDT
I have been experimenting with different routing options for the pressure pad (Surefire 951SU) on my upper. I want to keep it out of the way as much as possible. I ran the wire from the right side, through the top vent hole closest to the delta ring on my RASII. The wire is routed in-between the gas tube and the barrel, and come out of the corresponding vent hole on the left side. It doesnt touch either,(the gas tube or barrel) but there is VERY little clearance. It is then routed to a Tango Down rail panel. Anyone ever try this?  Am I gonna melt the wire?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on how many rounds you put through it at one time.

I'd recomend keeping it OUTSIDE of the RAS just to be safe(not that that would be much cooler temp wise).  I run mine into a TD vert and the wire remains fairly exposed externally.  Havn't had any problems with snags etc. yet.   Zip Ties do wonders as well to keep the wire tight where needed.

good luck

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, thats what I figured. Extended range duty might be a problem. I think I will order a longer PP from Surefire. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:02:05 AM EDT
[#3]

I think I will order a longer PP

I didn't know Surefire had ventured into the biotech industry.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think I will order a longer PP

I didn't know Surefire had ventured into the biotech industry.

Sure set myself up for that one, Eh???
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top