Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 2:33:37 PM EDT
i recently installed a VLTOR collapsable stock on my bushmaster shorty. i ran a fixed telestock before. now when i try to cycle a round the bolt won't go all the way forward. it gets hung up on the round. it is putting a deep indent in the casing of the round as well. about 1\16- 1\8". i don't know if it is something to do with the stock or not, but i can't get it to feed normally. someone have a clue as to what is going on?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i recently installed a VLTOR collapsable stock on my bushmaster shorty. i ran a fixed telestock before. now when i try to cycle a round the bolt won't go all the way forward. it gets hung up on the round. it is putting a deep indent in the casing of the round as well. about 1\16- 1\8". i don't know if it is something to do with the stock or not, but i can't get it to feed normally. someone have a clue as to what is going on?

Bushmaster used a full length ButtStock TUBE, did you change everything including the BUFFER< spring and tube?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah the bufffer from a full length buffer tube CANNOT be used in a collapsible stock tube.  The same goes for the spring
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you using the same mag that worked before...sounds stupid, but I need more info.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#4]
guys, i feel stupid. the problem was that the stock has a raised edge near the part that butts up against the receiver when fully collapsed. when i charged the handle it was hitting this lip and the bolt was not going all the way back. i just pull out and up now and it chambers every time. i will probably end up removing the material with an exacto for safe measures. thanks for the interest though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
guys, i feel stupid. the problem was that the stock has a raised edge near the part that butts up against the receiver when fully collapsed. when i charged the handle it was hitting this lip and the bolt was not going all the way back. i just pull out and up now and it chambers every time. i will probably end up removing the material with an exacto for safe measures. thanks for the interest though.

I have a VLTOR on the way and I was just curious to what you mean by "The stock has a raised edge near the part that butts up agianst the reciever when fully collapsed"

Was the charging handle interfering with the collapsed stock some how? Is that what you mean? Or was there some sort of obstruction in your buffer tube?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds to me like there was some material sticking up from the forwardmost top part of the stock and the underside of the charging handle was hitting/getting caught on it when he let it go to chamber a round.

From what I got out of his statement it had nothing to do with the buffer tube...just a little extra plastic that needed shaving.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#7]
well atleast I knew something had to do with the stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top