Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 11:26:30 AM EDT
12 pounds... Loaded.  No Optic, No Flashlight, No laser, No nothing.  12 pounds.  YEAH

S
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a sack of potatoes tied to it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#2]
You have a salmon strapped to it or something?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Does it have a brass pair of balls hanging from it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My guess is that it is set for dcm type competition with weight in the stock and under the handguards ?
Do I get a prize for guessing ??
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe you should clean it sometime...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My guess is that it is set for dcm type competition with weight in the stock and under the handguards ?
Do I get a prize for guessing ??

You are incorrect sir.  And I would have sent you a prize.

Quoted:
Maybe you should clean it sometime...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Best laugh of the day.

She is my only rifle (had to thin the collection)

12 Pounds consists of:
Bushmaster 20" HBAR, Vortex, A2stock, Troy Industries MRF-R, Tango Down front grip, 30 rds Wolf in a British Steel 30rd mag.

Soon to be HEAVIER... when I get the Magpul and the 9mm buffer.  

S
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]
My Bushy Varminter is around 12 pounds too.  That's with scope, mounts, bipod, and full mag.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
you must a beta-c  and extra ammo pouch attacched
with like 130 rds of ammo
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Some folks here ought to go old school again and pick up an SP1.

ARs were meant to be light.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]
My gunsmith has a great saying for combat guns like that... "Very expensive, very inefficient blunt striking devices"

Just looking at your description, there has to be more than just an HBAR and a rail system to make that gun that heavy. A regular HBAR will weigh around 9 lbs. with an A2 stock. Rail system versus regular handguards may be half a pound. Ammo and mag maybe a pound and a half. That still leave about a pound or so unaccounted for. Are you using an aluminum receiver or a DPMS stainless? Do you have extra weights in your stock for balance?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell, hes got 3 lbs just in the 30 round mag loaded by itself. Steel cased ammo in the heavy ass steel SA-80 mags. Dont believe me, hold a USGI aluminum mag in one hand and a steel in the other,. Theres a huge difference...... Then add on top of the fact that hes got steel cased ammo and not brass. Theres a big difference there as well
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmm, that might explain it. I've only used aluminum mags and brass cased ammo and I just couldn't see that setup weighing more than a pound or so. Next gun show, I'll have to search for an SA-80 mag.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#13]
wait till you add a fully loaded Beta-C on it!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hmm, that might explain it. I've only used aluminum mags and brass cased ammo and I just couldn't see that setup weighing more than a pound or so. Next gun show, I'll have to search for an SA-80 mag.

I think a USGI is something like 4 oz and an SA80 is something like 8oz.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My gunsmith has a great saying for combat guns like that... "Very expensive, very inefficient blunt striking devices"

Just looking at your description, there has to be more than just an HBAR and a rail system to make that gun that heavy. A regular HBAR will weigh around 9 lbs. with an A2 stock. Rail system versus regular handguards may be half a pound. Ammo and mag maybe a pound and a half. That still leave about a pound or so unaccounted for. Are you using an aluminum receiver or a DPMS stainless? Do you have extra weights in your stock for balance?

No extra weights, but i AM using my digital bathroom scale... which might be off a little, but it does say 12 pounds.  And the discription i provided above  "Bushmaster 20" HBAR, Vortex, A2stock, Troy Industries MRF-R, Tango Down front grip, 30 rds Wolf in a British Steel 30rd mag" is all I am running.

Just thought i would share the story with you all.

btw.  i have noticed TWO things.

#1 the rifle length gas system, combined with the rifle buffer.... is SMOOTH AS BUTTAH!!

#2 there is NO RECOIL WHATSOEVER  

S
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#16]
According to my bathroom scale, this one is 13 pouds unloaded:
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top