Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 10:31:57 AM EDT
Sorry if this has been answered before.  I ordered a pre ban 14.5" M4 upper a couple of days before the AWB expired from BM without giving much thought to the barrel length.  Is the 14.5" barrel now legal?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#1]
If you pay big brother $200 and fill out a Form 1 it is. Otherwise you'll need to solder a long enough FS.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Only legal if its a registered SBR, machinegun or you permanetly attached a FS that'll bring the barrel out to 16" or longer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#4]
no

14.5 in bbl MUST have a a FH or MB PERMANTANTLY attached to make the bbl a legal 16in; ANY gun bbl less than 16in mush be regesterd as an SBR
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.  I just took the FS off of my new upper. It threaded off easily.  I also ordered a phantom FS from BM.  I thought I had read a long time ago, about people perminently attaching Muzzle Brakes w/ loctite.  Would a product like JB weld or something similar be acceptable for attaching the new FS when it comes in?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  I just took the FS off of my new upper. It threaded off easily.  I also ordered a phantom FS from BM.  I thought I had read a long time ago, about people perminently attaching Muzzle Brakes w/ loctite.  Would a product like JB weld or something similar be acceptable for attaching the new FS when it comes in?

No
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#7]
16" as it's been but you can get the long Phanotm FH.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No

I don't see why JB weld wouldn't be acceptable.  It's more permanent than soldering it on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No

I don't see why JB weld wouldn't be acceptable.  It's more permanent than soldering it on.

It all has to do with melting temperature. I believe JB Weld Quick melts at 300F and JB Weld Automotive/Industrial melts at 572F. The alphabet boys stipulate 1100F as required melting point of the solder.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top