Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 2:49:40 AM EDT
guys how good are they? i cant find a good write up on them.

also are model 1 sales, bolts chrome lined?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#1]
RRA gets their barrels from Wilson.  My Dad and I both have  the midlength barrels on our carbines.  They're  HBAR but you can get lighter profile barrels from ADCO.  They are not chromlined either, but that too is an option availiable from ADCO.  The barrel is heavy, but not a prob, at least I don't mind it.  I usually get around 1MOA, maybe a little worse.  For a real world example, I can hit a 6in steel plate, hanging from a chain as it blows in the wind with it, while standing, from 100yds.  I'd say that's more than acceptable accuracy, at least for my purporses.  At CQB ranges, it's wondeful.  The added weight makes it easy for your double taps practically touch.  This response was in no way meant to try to toot my own horn because I know many shooters who are much better than myself, but rather show real world examples of how accurate the barrel is.  Depending on your needs, a Wilson barrel will suit your needs, it suits mine.  I have read good things about their varmint barrels if that was what you were wondering.  I hear those get sub-MOA all day.  Hope that helps a little.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#2]
It should be noted that when it says Wilson barrel, this should not be mistaken with Wilson Combat.  These are NOT Wilson Combat barrels....  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top