Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 7:52:11 PM EDT
I am about to buy my firts AR15 and, I need some input from someone about what I have found. I am looking at a Bushmaster that has a collasable tube stock and what looks like a 15 inch barrell with AK74 style comp permentaly attached to the muzzle and the upper also seams to be of the A1 type. This is a Pre ban even though that no longer matters. I was quoted a price of $975.00 with (1) 30rd mag and hard case. It is used but, uppon inspection it look as if it has been fired less than a couple times. I do know this was an officers weapon that was traded in and has been taken care of.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds a bit pricey given that preban doesn't really mean much anymore.  You can get a brand new Bushy M4 for that much or less if you look.  I'd think $700-$800 might be reasonable if the condition is really that good.  On the other hand, some feel that it's good insurance to get a true pre-94 in case a new ban comes down the pike.  You'll have to make that call.  BTW, the barrel is 14.5" on that gun with a permanently attached brake bringing it to legal length.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Not worth it you can get a new A2 or production flat top for that money from Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
too much

might as well get a NIB one w/ a CAR stock, FH, A2/A3 handle and pay around the same price; it will not be 10+ yrs old too
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Wayyyy too much. A new rifle should run $200 less than your quoted figure - and this one is used. Use AIM Surplus as a guideline for pricing on Bushmaster rifles.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree, the price is kinda high. Bushmaster is now offering a rifle with almost the same specs that you described. The Bushmaster 16in M4 Type Rifle witth Izzy Flash Suppressor. You can see it here:

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f16m4.asp

and you will get a carry case a sling (albeit cheap) as a bonus. Don't let the price on the Bushmaster site scare you, they can be had for much less. I got my Bushy "M4" for $810.00 from a local dealer here.

Good Luck. Oh, and by the way, Bushmaster is a GOOD choice.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info, due to the replies I have decided to keep shopping around. Thanks again, ya'll have saved me a couple hundred dollars!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info, due to the replies I have decided to keep shopping around. Thanks again, ya'll have saved me a couple hundred dollars!!!!!

That's what we're here for, my friend.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top