Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 11:00:47 AM EDT
I am fixin on putting in an order to Brownells and can't decide what type of patches to buy.  "Twill", "Milspec", "cotton flannel" or "heavy duty cotton flannel."  I bought a couple huge packs at a gun show a while back (stock getting low now) but the bag was unmarked.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Ive used proshot patches for a while now and love them. They scrub really well, hold together and dont leave a bunch of crap fuzzy stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered the cheapest 1,000 pack square patches from Brownell's and they work fine.  Don't sweat it.  They are good quality by the way.  I
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Boresnake.

The only time I use 'real' patches is when I'm applying Shooters Choice to a match barrel and any old cheap patch from walmart will do that just fine.  Then I've got a boresnake that I use just for the match barrels so that I don't mix Shooters Choice and Breakfree as I clean different rifles.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Sinclair International cotton cleaning patches work well for me.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
My favorite is Southern Bloomers.
I like the way the patch stretches to enter the slot.

And every once in a while I find a patch that has a cute little design on it.  They’re so cute!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top