Posted: 9/17/2004 10:59:28 AM EDT
Check this out www.olyarms.com/frcontent2.html

They have a kit for $640.00
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Nifty!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I would love to see this concept built into a rifle with a side-folding stock... I bet they would sell a ton more of these than the pistol. How about it Oly ? I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#3]
  I wrote them and they said that they had somthing like that on the boards, they said maybe a modafied OA93PT. They allready have a kit, but, they said they were changing it.  www.olyarms.com/oa93pt.html Thats all they would say though, soon...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
My dealer has already ordered mine. I have always wanted one but there was no way in hell I would pay what some people were asking for these things during the ban.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I just think they look ugly! I have a pistol lower, but I think the buffer and the normal 7.5" barrel looks better.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#7]
   I am doing one of both, the OA93 & an 10 1/4" w/ the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I am lusting after one.  Does anyone know a distributor that has OA-93's in stock?  I'm trying to track one down to be shipped to my local dealer.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am lusting after one.  Does anyone know a distributor that has OA-93's in stock?  I'm trying to track one down to be shipped to my local dealer.

Jay

IM budam, hes probably got a line on one.

My buddy will probably be getting one, he used to work there and gets the deals.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if you can adapt the system to a real (chrome lined 5.56 chamber) barrel?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#11]
What a different company that is weak the OA rocks and everyone knows it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Okay, if they'd pull their heads out and chrome line as well as make everything 5.56 chambered.  They lose a huge amount of sales due to those 2 things.   My Oly PCR was the LEAST reliable AR I've owned.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Do these pistols work?? I have seen many AR pistols with the little buffer tube, that never ever seem to work??
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Do these pistols work?? I have seen many AR pistols with the little buffer tube, that never ever seem to work??

IIRC there is no buffer or buffer tube on this. Instead it runs off of a spring running above the receiver, kindof like an operating rod type mechanism, not sure though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC there is no buffer or buffer tube on this. Instead it runs off of a spring running above the receiver, kindof like an operating rod type mechanism, not sure though.

Yeah, I was talking about the type pistol made on a standard AR lower, the type you have to use a bufer tube for pistols.. I have seen and shot 3 different ones like that, and none of them worked, complete jam-o-matics..
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, if they'd pull their heads out and chrome line as well as make everything 5.56 chambered.  They lose a huge amount of sales due to those 2 things.   My Oly PCR was the LEAST reliable AR I've owned.  

Most of their rifles are 5.56 and have been for some time. They do not make everything 5.56 because most bench and match shooters want the tighter .223. Although, I have no interest in bench shooting, the Oly Ultramatch barrels in .223 are the most accurate off the shelf out there.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I wonder if you can adapt the system to a real (chrome lined 5.56 chamber) barrel?

The OA93's have a stainless barrel(black nitrided or phosphatised) and a 5.56 chamber. I personally wouldn't see the point in pulling off stainless to replace with chrome. Slightly higher surface lubricity with chrome maybe.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I have assembled 2 of these since the ban went away. One runs like a scalded ape and the other(currently back at OLY) is a bolt action for all practical purposes. I contacted them the day after I got the upper and they (Andy c/s guy) were friendly professional and concerned. We'll see, but I expect to be happy in the end.

You need an oven mitt with these guns they get HOT fast.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The OA93's have a stainless barrel(black nitrided or phosphatised) and a 5.56 chamber. I personally wouldn't see the point in pulling off stainless to replace with chrome. Slightly higher surface lubricity with chrome maybe.

Stainless steel will rust.... quite quickly if exposed to humid or salty air.  Chromed steel will too, but not not nearly as quickly in my experience, FWIW.  When I worked at the shore, I had to keep my stainless knife blade coated with car wax to prevent rust.

I'd love a folding stock 5.56mm AR carbine, and a folding stock 9mm AR SBR.  Both with chrome lined barrels, of course.

--------------------------

Aaaahhhhh!!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top