Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 9:32:07 AM EDT
I recieved my AAC M4-2000 yesterday so I thought Id try it out
Rifle no.1: 16" "Dissergy" Midlength gas system, A1 Stock and standard Buffer/spring 1:9 RRA chromelined barrel, Eotech552, Gasbuster CH and Mcfarland(sp?) rings
Rifle no.2: 14.5" SBR M4gery , BM 1:7 chromelined barrel, Vltor stock w/ carbine spring and "H" buffer, Eotech552, Gasbuster CH and Mcfarland rings.
Figured I break her in right and took 1000 rounds of Xm193, 02 lot 38 preloaded on USGI 30's

Started with the Dissergy and at first wasnt impressed, Wasnt aware that the Ballistic crack, bullet noise and target slap were that loud. The Can does an excellent job of dampening the round going off and I could reasonably shoot all day without muffs or plugs,. Shot beside a buddy with his 16" carbine and it was like night and day!, His went THUMP...THUMP...THUMP... Mine went Shuuk-crack...shuuk-crack...shuuk-crack(Highspeed technical terms)
You get ALOT of crud back in your face with the can on, Think:shooting bad Wolf X 2 is close. And DONT shoot with your mouth open!.
Shooting side by side with a 16" ruger 10/22 w/standard Vel. combo and the Suppressed AR is percievably louder, But only slighty and that seems to be more bullet noise than anything else.

At the 350 round mark the Dissergy was dirty enough that the standard spring and rifle buffer would not put the bolt into lock using the bolt release while striping the first round from a new mag, I had to pull the CH all the way back and release.
Did I say Dirty?! with the Can on the rifle looked like I'd shot 1000 rounds of Wolf!
I was shooting pretty steady and the rifle was getting HOT, so much so that I cooked the Duracoating off the barrel under the Handguards

I saw no percievable change in Zero with the can on, But It seemed to tame the recoil a good bit.
Finished up 390 rounds and switched to the M4

Same basic story on the M4gery except it ran like a top, Burning the rest of the ammo with ease. I suspect the Heavy buffer and Carbine spring helped. May of just been me but the 14.5" rifle seemed quieter than the 16",... Maybe I'm getting more port noise from the 16" with the rifle recoil system unlocking earlier?... Also It seemed the hotter the Suppressor got the quieter it got,.

The book says that the suppressor can get to be around 700 degs. and I belive it! as that sucker was smoking!.Udog

EDITED for board code
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!!  I need to get the frick out of MI so I can play like that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Mongo...MI allows suppressors...well from what I've found!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
very nice !!!  I wonder what a .22lr would sound like through that M4-2000,, wouldn't happen to have a .22lr upper ?

Are you going to get one of those PRI GAS buster charging handles to keep it out of your face ?

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I know where my next income tax check is going
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Underdog,

Thanks for the  range report and pics!!!  Hopefully I'll be joining the "quiet crowd" very soon....Just waiting on the paperwork on my Gem-Tech M4-96D

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome setup

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
very nice !!!  I wonder what a .22lr would sound like through that M4-2000,, wouldn't happen to have a .22lr upper ?

Are you going to get one of those PRI GAS buster charging handles to keep it out of your face ?

Read his review.  He was using a PRI on both guns.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#9]
ya, I did... just missed it... was entertained with the crud in his face using the AAC and  "not to shoot with your mouth open" comments.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Where did you get eh green upper and lower?

Nice!

BTW, is that an ARMS #40 flip up?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sweet!!he

Me and you both, I keep telling myself three more years, just three more years.

Very nice toys by the way.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the comments,.. The upper and lower are Duracoated OD green, A buddy of mine does Diracoating as sort of a side job,... Yes that is an ARMS #40 rear BUIS...........Udog
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top