Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 1:14:09 PM EDT
Bushmaster Modular Carbine
16" Fluted HBAR
YHM Rail Adapter
Ace Skeleton stock
And a a new Phantom FH! Installed by ADCO Thanks guys!!
Mike

Before

After

Upclose
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice addition

Us folks in CT/NY etc are going to start gettin real grumpy with all these nice pics !

- BG
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
did u get the entire barrel fluted?  Or just what's exposed?  Did you do anything to the barrel underneath the handguard?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't you just love your Bushy Modular... I just added an ACE - M4 - SOCOM  adjustable stock to mine and would like to add a FH as well... How long did it take them to get the upper back to you?... Thanks and good luck...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
very nice! what was the turnaround time?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
did u get the entire barrel fluted?  Or just what's exposed?  Did you do anything to the barrel underneath the handguard?

The barrel is fluted almost to the barrel nut. Bushie made it that way. It's also heavy under the handguard.

Quoted:
Don't you just love your Bushy Modular... I just added an ACE - M4 - SOCOM adjustable stock to mine and would like to add a FH as well... How long did it take them to get the upper back to you?... Thanks and good luck...

I've been looking at the SOCOM too, looks very nice. That and get a milled FSB with a lug . As far as turn around time, I sent it out the Tuesday after Labor Day, and got it back yesterday.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
very nice!@!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Where's the bayonet lug?  That thing is worthless without it!  Go ahead and send it to me for proper disposal.  Because I'm such a good guy, I won't charge you a hazardous waste disposal fee.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Don't you just love your Bushy Modular... I just added an ACE - M4 - SOCOM  adjustable stock to mine and would like to add a FH as well... How long did it take them to get the upper back to you?... Thanks and good luck...

Lets see it post them pics !

I have the modular also Planing on this after two more builds.....

Looking good!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Where's the bayonet lug?  That thing is worthless without it!  Go ahead and send it to me for proper disposal.  Because I'm such a good guy, I won't charge you a hazardous waste disposal fee.

Oh my, you'd do that for me?? What a pal. Everyone on ARFCOM is just so friendly and helpful. IM me your address and I'll ship it right off. I'll even pay the shipping since you are so kind to dispose of for me.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh my, you'd do that for me?? What a pal. Everyone on ARFCOM is just so friendly and helpful. IM me your address and I'll ship it right off. I'll even pay the shipping since you are so kind to dispose of for me.

Mike

I got your back Mike.  Don't worry about the shipping.  It's on me.
George
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I got your back Mike.  Don't worry about the shipping.  It's on me.
George

Hell I've been talking about moving to Arizona for years, maybe I'll just drop it off.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The barrel is fluted almost to the barrel nut. Bushie made it that way. It's also heavy under the handguard.

Quoted:
Don't you just love your Bushy Modular... I just added an ACE - M4 - SOCOM adjustable stock to mine and would like to add a FH as well... How long did it take them to get the upper back to you?... Thanks and good luck...

I've been looking at the SOCOM too, looks very nice. That and get a milled FSB with a lug . As far as turn around time, I sent it out the Tuesday after Labor Day, and got it back yesterday.

Mike

Oh, so ADCO didnt do the fluting?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The barrel comes that way from Bushmaster: Modular Carbine
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nope, but from what pictures I've seen of their work, it would be as good or better.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I see, I see.

Now the BM MCAR HBAR, is the whole barrel 1 width?  Or does it get fatter under the tube?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I see, I see.

Now the BM MCAR HBAR, is the whole barrel 1 width?  Or does it get fatter under the tube?

Fatter under the tube.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#18]
so how much did it cost you (thread, phantom, install)?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Once I buy all the new AR's. I will do that to my Modular Bushy.

Very Nice
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Phantom $25.00 From Btightflashlights Thanks Calvin!
Thread and install $56.00 +shipping From ADCO

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#21]
This may be a dumb question, but wat is that silver peice between the receiver and handguard?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
This may be a dumb question, but wat is that silver peice between the receiver and handguard?

That's the lock ring that holds the handguards in place.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Is that specific to the YH handguard or is it universal?  I'm looking for something similar for mine.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Is that specific to the YH handguard or is it universal?  I'm looking for something similar for mine.  Thanks

I believe it replaces the delta ring that's used to hold the standard handguards on. The YHM like many others is a free float tube.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Now don't go poking anyone's eye out with that thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks Sexy!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

There are several different methods of indexing a railed handguard.  

These handguards use a replacement barrel nut that is threaded on the outside and the tube screw over it.  Some handguards like the YHM and LaRue handguards have a lock ring that tightens against the tube.  The FIRSH has a screw that clamps the tube to the barrel nut so that it can't move.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey Mike, A local custom shop is going to do the Flash hider install on my Bushy Modular carbine. Other than the Phantom Flash Hider is there any other parts I need to supply them with? If you could recommend a source for what I need LMK.

Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I had ADCO thread my barrel too. Turn around time was right at 10 days from my door to ADCO and back to my door again via UPS ground. I am very happy with the work and will continue to pimp out ADCO every chance I get.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hey Mike, A local custom shop is going to do the Flash hider install on my Bushy Modular carbine. Other than the Phantom Flash Hider is there any other parts I need to supply them with? If you could recommend a source for what I need LMK.

Thanks
Matt

My Phantom came with a crush washer, as far as I know, that would be the only other thing needed. I just sent them the FH and my upper, no bolt carrier or charging handle. If they had to remove my barrel, I can't tell. Not even a point of impact change.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Who's front sight is that?  Clamps on over a cut-down FSB?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:16:15 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Who's front sight is that?  Clamps on over a cut-down FSB?

It's from YHM
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Sha-Wing--------------->    Very nice weapon...
I think I just drooled on my keyboard.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Nice, I like it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for the Info Mike. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours. I got a Phantom and a Crush washer OTW.

Matt
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much is shipping.Both there and back.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much is shipping.Both there and back.

Well shipping + insurance was about $15.00 each way. But bear in mind, I'm in Indiana, and only about 2 hours away from ADCO. I could have just about driven it there for what it cost me to ship.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Nice, I like it.

And it shoots as good as it looks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#40]
GOT MINE BACK FROM ADCO TOO! GREAT JOB!

before Bushy 16inch superlite and RRA 16inch M4 w/ faux FH

After, Bushy with A2 and RRA chopped to 14.5 and phantom installed, also evil bayo lug

on the rifles....

cant wait for my no ban Colt LE 9mm carbine and my Bushy lower to come in, right now the Bushy upper is on my Varmint lower so the A2 stock is on it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
GOT MINE BACK FROM ADCO TOO! GREAT JOB!

before Bushy 16inch superlite and RRA 16inch M4 w/ faux FH
home.comcast.net/~erouls/postbarrels.jpg

After, Bushy with A2 and RRA chopped to 14.5 and phantom installed, also evil bayo lug
home.comcast.net/~erouls/prebarrels.jpg

on the rifles....
home.comcast.net/~erouls/prebans.jpg

cant wait for my no ban Colt LE 9mm carbine and my Bushy lower to come in, right now the Bushy upper is on my Varmint lower so the A2 stock is on it.

How do you like that SOCOM stock? I've been looking at getting one.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#42]
well so far it feels really nice, not too heavy and built like a rock,  and love the looks too but i just got it and havent had a chance to shoot my rifle with it on yet, its basically like a new rifle, new socom stock, barrel cut down to 14.5 and FH added
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top