Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2004 12:11:57 PM EDT
So if the ATF cashes my check am I approved?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait for it
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait for what
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#3]
For the ATF most of the fees are non-refundable meaning that they keep the money if approved or not. If you are approved they should notify you
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The approved form.  They are the Government.  They will take your money, then take months to provide the service promissed.  It's just like the military: if you owe them money, they will take it all - NOW with interest, it doesn't matter if your months pay is totally taken all at once, you owe them.  But, if the they owe you money, they will take their sweet ol' time to pay you back and it might be over time, without interest.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So if the ATF cashes my check am I approved?

No, not yet. The BATF office in Chicago(?) deposits the check and then sends the rest of the paperwork to the BATF office in D.C. Then they finally get around to entering all your information into a computer and sending off your prints to the FBI. When your Form 4 is in the system, your transfer is then considered "pending". It usually takes 90 days from the pending date for approval, although they have been known to take both more and less time than that. Some guys wait more than 6 months for approval.

Call 1-(202)-927-8330 after at least 30 days from the date that you mailed your forms in to check on its status. You will need the names of the transferor and transferee and the serial number of the item. If it is pending, they will give you the date that it went pending. Good luck, and have patience.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top