Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 11:18:57 PM EDT
There is guy named Leon Nowack who runs Centermass firearms in Henderson Nevada. He was selling LEO Colts that  he striped out for parts, to sell uppers and stocks to make $$, and then rebuild with various uppers to sell to public at 1750.00 a piece !! The day before the price was 1350.00. But why gouge one eye when there is two !!! I have been in there before and to top it off he is an arogant EX Army Ranger kind of like the David Schwimer character in Band of Brothers...
who knows everthing.

I know this is not the best place for this but it really ticked me off, I got my LEO's somewhere else. But when I heard this, I wonder who is worse  guys like this or people like Fienstien. None of the rest of the dealers in this county pulled any crap like this.

Everyone should call this guy and thank him for good dealer conduct....

Centermass Firearms  702-558-7890
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a scab.  There have been a few dealers around here who claim to part out Colts and replace things with no-name parts to make them "more affordable" or "better" than standard Colts.  They are all scabs in my book.

Note, this does not include the real places that are doing quality upgrades for service/ duty weapons.  My rant is only directed at the scabs.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#2]
vegasdude36 I've never dealed with Centermass before but I called them on the phone once to get a price on their reloading components.  They sure jacked up the price of reloading components so I was turned off to buy it from them.  I also asked for an M4 handguard from them and they told me that the handguards was $64.00.   That was it.  Never wasted my time calling them again.  2 bdays before the sunset I was talking to Bill owner of Bill's gun store in downtown.  He has several Colt LEO's that he said he would sell to civies after the sunset.  Think it was somewhere in the $800 range. His number is 382-1133.  He's a good guy and doesn't sell outrageous prices here in Las Vegas.

556man
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:05:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I just moved from Vegas to Illinois but I still have a place back in Nevada to keep my residency. One of the best FFLs I have dealt with is Greg Rentchler of Southwest Tactical. He's in Henderson so it's a bit far if you're in Summerlin but I believe the drive is more than worth it. I ordered my stripped lower through him but the first company we used had it backordered. Rather than just canceling the order and forgetting about it, he placed the order directly with the manufacturer, put it on his own credit card (I paid him back of course) and I had the receiver in my hand within a week. Very professional, very courteous, and unlike other FFLs, this is a side job for him that he does because he likes it, not because he has to. I highly recommend you give him a call if you ever want to buy a firearm again in Las Vegas:
(702) 719-GUNS (4867)

Bill's Buy and Sell is alright too. I just don't really like the neighborhood. His store seems like an oasis in the middle of not-too-friendly surroundings.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top