Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:18:01 PM EDT
Hello, I just bought a pre ban Colt M4A3. It came with a 14.5" barrel. I understand that is not legal. However there is a 2" flash guard which makes 16.5". Does that make it legal. Sorry for the new guy dumb question but I don't want to get captured the first time at the range.
Thanks, Jess
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello, I just bought a pre ban Colt M4A3. It came with a 14.5" barrel. I understand that is not legal. However there is a 2" flash guard which makes 16.5". Does that make it legal. Sorry for the new guy dumb question but I don't want to get captured the first time at the range.
Thanks, Jess

If the flash hider is permanently attached then you are set to go, if not send it to a smtih.

Edit:  Welcome!!!

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help. It screws on so I better get it tacked. I am so new to this fire arm your going to wonder why I even bought it, but, one more question: What is that plunger for on the side? Be kind now.h.gif
http://img83.exs.cx/img83/2860/tn_DSCF1761.jpg
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
did you get my IM?
Anyway forward assist. For SPORTS when the bolt doesn't go into battery

I think you are okay with your barrel. I don't think that A2 FH (which you have) bring a short barrel up to the required. The measurement is made with dowel down the barrel and the bolt closed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the Evil Rife site.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes..... welcome!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top