Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 6:59:07 PM EDT
I am looking to get/build a black rifle for duty carry. I am interested in what lowers are good and what ones would be good to stay away from. I am in the process of trading a couple rifles for a bushmaster v-match upper with a colt bolt carrier group and a pentax light seeker scope......will use this upper off duty.
I would love to have something similar to the rock river arms DEA carbine for duty use....but am on a limited budget as of right now (thats why I am trading rifles for the parts)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster DPMS and RRA make good FORGED stripped lowers.  Don't buy the cast just the forged.  DPMS sells cast lowers as well as forged, I don't know if RRA sells cast or now.  Bushmaster only sells forged.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I would love to have something similar to the rock river arms DEA carbine for duty use....but am on a limited budget as of right now (thats why I am trading rifles for the parts)

You can get a RRA stripped lower for $90-100.  Check the equipment exchange.  There are a few new guys that are supposed to be good quality but for the life of me, I can't remeber who they are.

Oh, yeah, Stag arms... Grizzley...

Then there is always DPMS, Bushmaster, but those will be more expensive.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#3]
OK...got a bushmaster lower.....where can I get am upper similar to the RRA DEA carbine? what should I expect to spend on one?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:24:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Just curious; what's wrong with a cast lower? A forged lower might be preferred over a cast one. I've well used an Essential Arms (preban; cast?) and had no problems what-so-ever with it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#6]
i think the rifleman said that because the lower isn't a stressed part, casting is all right.

is this gun going to save your ass?

how much of a cost difference is your life worth?

spend the extra $
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#7]
get a forged lower, and crome lined barrel

bushy or rra and selected dpms
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top