Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 2:40:28 PM EDT
I dont know anything about purchasing something like this.

I went to arizona last weekend and shot an AR-15 (semi-auto) and fell in love.

I live in california and I am under the asumption that I cannot buy one, beacuse of the assault rifle law.

My question, is there any possible (legal) way to buy one and live in california?

I dont want to do anything illegal and do not plan on modifying it in any way. I would prefer that its registered and would be willing to take any gun safety classes required to own one.

Im sorry if this question has been asked before; I did some searches and did not find the exact information I needed.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know anything about Cali. gun laws, but all the Cali. version ARs that I have seen were single shot. Having a pistol grip and being semi-auto together makes makes your typical AR illegal in Cali.

The best solution, move to Texas.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Best solution is to move to Arizona.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
there is some info on the subject (California ownership) on the front or opening  page to this web site(right side)

I'm no expert on California law, but recall that it is ridiculously limiting.

read up on this site and you will have all you ever wanted to know...............welcome to the board
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Your masters in Sac won't allow it.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
yall in cali just remember:

bad guys will have an illegally owned/obtained/modified full auto ak

law abiding citizens will get a single shot "musket" w/ better ballistics
that sucks for you citizens
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#6]
WiKD, welcome to the site. Hope you'll stick around for a while.

As I understand it, a semi-auto AR is verboten in CA. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a lower receiver called a Fab-10 that is not subject to the Cali ban.Basically it has an internal non-detachable 10 round magazine so to my knowledge you could build a gun with all the evil features since you nix the detachable mag.  www.quarterbore.com/ar15m16/fab10.htm
I feel for you Brother,Im originally from L.A. and im so happy not to be living in that communist state !!! Hopefully we get concealed carry here soon and then i'll be happy.Should have relocated to Vermont . From my understanding some of the best gun laws in the nation, lower taxes than WI and I wouldn't have to refrain from taking my boot to some liberal from Berkley east(aka Madison,Wi)
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Best solution is to move to Arizona.

Naw, we already have enough Californians living in Arizona (me, for example).

I'm afraid MadBodhi is correct, the infamous FAB10 is your only option.  Why don't you thank Senator Feinstein with your next vote?

Welcome to the board...

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Im sorry, I forgot to mention...

Welcome!!!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top