Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 9:25:02 AM EDT
he
On the 13th of Sep the members of the local gun club were notified that the 13th of Sep would be the last day we would be allowed on the  property. We (the members) were threatened with  criminal prosecution if we attempted access to our leased property.

To the best of my knowledge, the land has been leased from t he Coca-Cola Co. for years.  This past weekend, the board of directors were notified to cease and desist shooting immeadietely on the 13th of Sep. seemingly without notice or due process.

Now is it just me, or does this seem to be just too coincidental, that the end of the AWB and the seemingly capricious and arbitrary corporate interference with our ability to fully exercise our Constitutional freedoms.?

While I certainly respect private and/or corporate ownership, use and possesion of property and the full excercise of  the rights thereof,  I will not support with my own money or patronage such heavy-handed behavior.

"Coke, the real thing", who would've thought, anti-gun?  If Coca-Cola would like to explain and/or refute any of this, we would love to hear from them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#1]
A lease is usually documented on paper.  If you have such an agreement, you have legal grounds to pursue.  Just my 2 cents.  The best bet is for a club member to provide land for such use if possible, I guess.  I will be interested if this is a Coke policy, or just some moron in the hierarchy using his muscle for anti Constitutional actions.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you sure they are not going to build a new bottling plant, or they recently sold the property and were looking out for your best interests?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Communicaton has been next to zero.  WE were told on monday that would be the last day and that is it.  We have operated safely and amicably in the community.  I really am at a loss to explain this situation. If Coca Cola had plans to expand, I'm sure they were'nt j ust made on monday, and executed the same day with no notice.  If  this action is in our "best interest" I'd like to know how. or at least why.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have a legal lease----tell them to shove it up their a$$------and then proceed to sue their a$$ off. Two can play that game.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#5]
This is what you get for shooting at their cans for all these years...

But seriously, go to City hall and look into the original lease agreement. Good Luck and until we hear otherwise I propose we ban drinking Coca Cola product and drink BEER instead!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#6]
That was my initial reaction also.  From what I'm hearing the financial resources to fight such a legal battle is minimal with a small club.  My information is that we  did in fact have a legal lease.  It greatly concerns me that it came to such an abrupt end.  Still I have to wonder? Why on sep 13th the day  of the AWB sunset.  Its just too much to be a co-incident?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have a lease, someone in your club (the club executive board) should have a copy of the lease. This needs to be reviewed (possibly by an attorney) and see where you stand. More than likely, you and the other club members have rights to be there. Just like a renter has certain rights to their apartment and although someone else owns the apartment, the owner doesn’t have certain rights. Maybe consulting an attorney who specializes in Landlord/Tennant law would be the way to go.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That was my initial reaction also.  From what I'm hearing the financial resources to fight such a legal battle is minimal with a small club.  My information is that we  did in fact have a legal lease.  It greatly concerns me that it came to such an abrupt end.  Still I have to wonder? Why on sep 13th the day  of the AWB sunset.  Its just too much to be a co-incident?

Hmmm... Doesn't the NRA have funds to help out in these matters?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top