Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 3:26:40 AM EDT
How in the sam hell do I get this thing off!! I see no pins, no welds nothing! I have heard that it is threaded under the brake, and that all I need to do is cut brake parallel to the barrel and remove gently with a chisel. (Notice I said Gently with Chisel!!) Optionally I could grind down until I see pins if they exist, pound out pins with punch and proceed from there. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:36:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Please if anyone knows let me know too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:43:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Simple, go to Kurt's Kustom Firearms in the Industry forum and get a price from him.  Then send your upper to him and a few weeks later your upper will return and you'll be amazed at the quality job he did.  I had him install an A2 brake about three years ago, now I'm going to have him take it off and put an A2 FS on.  This is the route I would advize you to take also if you don't have experience with metal working.  Also, I've never read bad review of Kurt's work.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I will remove mine and try to post the pics if someone can tell me where the the pins are located and how many pins there are?  Ive read that there are two pins at 12:00 and 6:00.  can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Dale
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Just take grider to it and find them then grind down the pin and tap out if not work you can cut it off with Cutting disc tool
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top