Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 11:01:22 PM EDT
The cry-baby tree-hugging Bunny lovers bitching about the now DEAD AWB. "High Capacity Guns  promote Terroism".

What a bunch of Dumbasses.

Just because terrorism is a hot topic now they use it against us LEGAL gun owners.  Their simplified view of the Universe just plain pisses me off.  I just about ha it with their "Holy-er than thou" attitude.  I grew up in the country. Guns, hog hunting, Dogs & chickens were the norm.  Pardon me, but I don't need some pencil pusher whom has never seen the country much less live the lifestyle tell me what I can and cannot own. Yet, these so called activists feel that they need to save me from myself.

I just bought my 1st AR15. God willing, it won't be my last. I enjoy a good hunt, or a sunny afternoon of plinking with the boys. I own 3 Rottweilers. I pay my taxes. I have never been arrested, and I think I lead a good life. But this isn't good enough. My guns are frowned upon because of the way they look, and the same can be said about my dogs.

The old AWB is dead, but you can bet your bottom dollar something bigger and badder is just on the horizon for us. We just have to stay alert and preserve our rights.

Edwin
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#1]
yes I know

but i think that you are right that something MUCH worse is on the horizon of the sunset
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It's kinda a bittersweet day for us in Hawaii. The magazine limit is still 10 rounds here, but at least we can change our stocks and tips.

I am really afraid that new legislation with threaten OWNERSHIP. MY guns are registered. I dread the day Cops come knocking on my door to take my guns away from me.  Our enemies have gone through the same 10 years we have with the AWB. The difference is they have seen all of the things they didn't cover the first time around, things that they will no doubt catch this time around. I'm sorry for being a party pooper if I'm being one, but the Sunset has brought up more concerns for me than reasons to smile.

Edwin
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw a Lt. from the LAPD on the news in Los Angeles this evening talking about not wanting to be on the other side of those things. The things being referred to were "assault guns." No mention was made of standard capacity magazines, just that the assault guns were so dangerous. It was particularly funny considering the first thing that they mentioned as the story began was how California still had its own ban. They love including part of the information.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the same "assault guns" available to criminals the entire time the ban was in effect? It's nice to see that that asshat Bratton has his parrots in the ranks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I hear you. My dad made a comment about agreeing with the AWB. I asked him, "Well, what's an assault weapon" and he answered me "Anything that holds more than 10 rounds".

"well dad, your lever action .22 can hold 12 rounds in the tube, does that make it an assault weapon?"

Or would it need to be black?

Or would it need to have a revovable magazine?

Or would it have to be a semi auto?

Maybe it would need a pistol grip to be an assault rifle?

Funny, those 12 ronds of .22 can do just as much damage wether it comes out of Dad's old lever action as they would a 10/22.

And yes, bad guys have ALWAYS been able to get whatever they wanted during the Ban. Only law abiding citizens were limited to what they could or could not get.

Somehow, that point never gets across.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Folks, get ahold of your selves. After reading this thread, I want to grab each of you by the lapels, shake you like a rag doll and shout "ACT LIKE A MAN!" ( with props to Don Corleone)This country was not founded by, nor defended by a bunch of candy asses. It took real men and real women with faith in GOD, courage of their convictions, and intestinal fortitude. That is what it took, and that is what it will continue to take. Stop friggin whining about what those asswipes on the left are going to do to us. Reach down, act like you have a pair ( ladies, I think you know what I mean), and get ready to take the fight to the enemy.
We didn't win this fight by sitting in a friggin corner, cowering like rabbits, and wishing it away. We won it by letting the scumbags in Congress know that we aren't gonna take this crap anymore. We told them that they will be fired if the AWB is renewed. Period! They got the message and let the damned thing die.
This time it was easy because all we had to do was get the politicians to do nothing. The next battle will be harder because they will actually have to take sides and actually DO something. We can win another battle, but only if we fight for it. Dammit, 300 Spartans held of an army of over 1Million Persians and inflict 20,000 casualties. We are over 20 million strong facing less than 500 scumbag politicians. It is time to Cowboy Up. Hell, we don't even have take up arms. We DO have to keep up the pressure. Keep calling, writing, emailing,and when possible, get face to face with your elected representatives. Keep this in mind, if your vote didn't matter, politicans wouldn't spend hundreds of millions of dollars to get it.
That isn't all that we can do. Most of the members of my family were either ambivelent about gun control or were in favor of it. I took the time to educate them about the AWB and all of them agreed that it was assinine. I point out, whenever the opportunity arises, that the news media lies to them. I prove it to them, usually by simply applying logic. It usually doesn't take much to expose the bullshit that spews forth from the TV and radio.
There is more that can be done, but the best thing is to take a newbie shooting. It rarely fails to at least get them to THINK about how stupid gun laws are. It almost always gives them a sense of power, and power is addictive. Freedom is too. Give them a taste of it.

Now, stop your whining and start your winning! It CAN be done. After all, we are AMERICANS. We can do anything!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Whining? Who's whining? I see all these threads about the AWB Sunset, and most treating it like Christmas. If you think telling the TRUTH of the matter as whining, then you're just as bad as those who oppose us.

You bring up the battle of Thermopylae. Well, there were 300 Spartans there, but there were also 400 Thespians and and around 400 Thebans. These were the very last of 7000 men who fought for Leonidas the very day before.  The reason the Spartan force did so well was due to Geology, a bottle neck on the stretch of beach where their forces met the Greeks. It was the original force of 7000 that held back the Greeks. The Spartans were run over the very next day in a masacre. Good example of Valience and Bravery sure, but a very POOR example for what you were trying to say Maddog.

Of course you're right, PREVENTION is key here, not just waiting till the fight gets to around to us. But do you actually think we only face those 500 politicians? WAKE UP. The majority of the general public are a bunch of candy asses with herd mentality. They are all for banning guns in general, forget so called "assault weapons".  We face year's of Anti-gun publicity. We face an uninformed public that is constantly being bombarded with Anti-gun sentiment.  These people don't see anti gun laws as stupid, they see only what the media has flooded their brains with over the years.

You speack of GOD, the big G.O.D. Well, the same people whowant to take away our Guns are the same SOB's that took GOD out of our Schools.  When I was growing up we sank "GOD BLESS AMERICA" and said the Pledge of Alligence every day.  Maybe we shoulda backed the Big Man better with his fight with the Government too.

I made my post to remind the people here of the ongoing fight before us. You think this AWB was some sort of victory? Well it's not. We got back some of what is rightfully ours. Nothing was won here. We snatched a little of out rights back. There was no WINNING here.

So what were you doing back in '94 when the original AWB passed? Did you fight then? It's not like the AWB just snuck up on us.  So, you probably did what I did and wrote your Congressman and spread the word as best as you could right? You fought right?

Did it matter then? Truth is whatever took place, whatever was done WAS NOT ENOUGH. History cannot be allowed to repeat itself here. You go on thinkin that I'm whining. In the meanwhile, I'm gonna do my best to keep the heads-up on whats going on, and letting as many people know about the fight we have before us.

Like it or not, you and I are on the same side Maddog. Except it or not, it's a fact.  I ain't here to argue with you. I'm here to get my point across.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top