Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 9:14:20 PM EDT
I have one of Kurt's Kustom's A2 Brakes on my post ban/pre-sunset, Clintonian era rules uppers. I know ther have been many comment on the noise level of AR's with brakes over the past few years, but I can't recall who had loudest brake/compensator. Anyone know? Where did Kurt's place on the scale?

The reason I ask, is I am considering replacing the brake with a regular A2 hider.  I'm not too concerned with the other features, as I like the fixed stock and on a carbine lenght rifle, the bayonet lug is rather pointles since the bayonet doesn't fit right anyway.  

But I am also thinking that if Kurt's brake isn't that much louder, I could just leave it alone, and use it to demonstrate to folks the difference in what was illegal under the ban and what was legal. I have a preban to show the differences.    
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top