Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 8:21:26 PM EDT
To celebrate the ban's demise, I built a lower (MEGA + RRA kit) and bought a Bushmaster dissipator upper.

Since I didn't buy a complete rifle, I don't have an instruction manual and I have a few questions:

1.  How should I lube the rifle?  Where on the BC does lube go?  How much?  Anything in the lower?

2.  Anything special I need to know about cleaning it, esp. with respect to "breaking in" the barrel (16" HBAR) ?

3.  I bought a package of "sighting in" targets from Bushmaster, and it includes instructions for sighting in with a 25 meter zero and "300 meter battle zero".  My club has a 50 meter berm, but not a 25 meter berm.  Where can I find good instructions on sighting in, especially some theory on how it all works because I don't like just following a recipie if I don't understand what I'm doing.

Thanks for everyone's help
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, but I still didn't see anything on lubing?

The Manuals section was offline.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
whats with the stock??
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info, but I still didn't see anything on lubing?

Go to the TRAINING section.

There is a part on 'Basic Skills'

It covers clearing, cleaning, lubing, function check, disassembly, assembling etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
whats with the stock??

A2 is too long for me.

Havent decided whether to install a 1" extension or an A1 (cav arms C1) stock instead.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
whats with the stock??

A2 is too long for me.

Havent decided whether to install a 1" extension or an A1 (cav arms C1) stock instead.

To truly "celebrate the ban's demise", you need to install a collapsible stock ASAP!

Seriously though, I like the length of the A1 stock so either a true A1 or Cav Arms C1 would be my vote
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top