Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 5:49:30 PM EDT
Now that the ban is dead, I like many others are looking at building an AR pistol.  I still have an unbuilt carbon fiber upper and lower that I haven't done anything with yet.  What I'm thinking is to put a short buffer tube on it instead of the shorter pistol buffer.  I keep reading about reliability issues with the pistol buffer.  

But to my question, if I were to attach a sling stud to the back of the buffer tube and put a loop sling on it, is that legal?  By pulling forward against the loop slung around my shoulder I would effectivly create a tension to steady the pistol.  My assumption is that the sling would not get me into SBR territory, would you dissagree?  Can you support it either way?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top