Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 3:20:13 PM EDT
I have decided on my next AR project, but I need a little advice on flip-up sights.   It's basically going to be an M4 style gun, with a flat top and flip up sights.  Problem is, I don't know a thing about the various brands of sights available, so I need some AR15.com advice.  What are the most reliable brands, and what are the prices?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an ARMS #40 flip rear and a PRI flip front sight.  You can check out my pictures on the picture thread on Page 34 towards the bottom 1/4 of the page.  I really like the ring in ring sight picture that I get with the irons.  I just line up the small ring in the big rig and put them on what ever I want to shoot and if I need a precision shot, I focus on the front post.  Just like my EOtech (just put the ring on target, and only focus on the tinny dot when I want that precision shot).
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't settle for less, get Troy Industries back-up iron sights.  Best out there, bar none.

Troy Industries
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Is your heart set on Flip-up?
Mine was until I realized none of them have height adjustments0
I went with an LMT sights, as they are close to A2 sights.
When I mount an AIMPOINT, I will move the LMT to the front of the bottom rail for storage.

www.buffertech.com/lmt_sight.asp?prodid=9180&start=1

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top