Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 1:06:41 PM EDT
Going to be building a DEA carbine clone over the next few months and wondering if I should go with RRA or DPMS parts.  RRA would make for an authentic clone, but DPMS would save a few bucks.  I'm familiar with the finish on the DPMS lowers, etc...but how does it compare to the finish on RRA receivers?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
i had an RRA upper on a DPMS lower and the finish was almost identical.  either should work.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Really?  I thought the DPMS finish was a bit rougher...more comparable to an Oly lower.  On the other hand, I was assuming that the RRA finish was more like a Knight's rifle.

ANyone else?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#3]
i've had 4 or 5 dpms lowers and none have been rough.  same with the oly lower i had.  all are great IMO except hesse/vulcan.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Colt parts with Colt guns, RRA with RRA, BM with BM.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
DPMS cheaper than Rock River??? Not around here, where RR lowers are significantly less expeneive than DPMS.  Check out the prices on RR lowers on the EE section of this site.

Oh BTW, the DPMS lower I have, while not badly finished, is nowhere near as good as on the two Rock River pieces I have.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top