Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 12:18:48 PM EDT
do you pay for it and are basically out the door? What kind of 'checks' do they do?

Here, we have to wait several days normally, then go back to the store to pick it up once the 'checks' and temp transport permit issued.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Background check is still in place, that was a different law.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The law that requires a waiting period is tied to the Brady law, not the AWB.

Brady requires background checks and the AWB addresses evil features only (Bayo lugs, hi capacity mags, collapsible stocks etc.)

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the check is instant all over the US now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

In Texas, at least, since I have a CHL, I am exempt from the NICS check, just have to fill out the form 4473 and I am out of there with the weapon.

Otherwise they have to call it in, and that can be delayed for up to 48 hours or more if they are very busy(doesn't happen often but on occasion).
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
in WI, i just go fill out the form 4473, they call it in and then i leave with my rifle.  i also bought one out of the newspaper.  i handed him cash,  he handed me the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In Texas, at least, since I have a CHL, I am exempt from the NICS check, just have to fill out the form 4473 and I am out of there with the weapon.

Otherwise they have to call it in, and that can be delayed for up to 48 hours or more if they are very busy(doesn't happen often but on occasion).

Same in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same in Arkansas.

Which has CHL reciprocity with Texas!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. I must say it's very convenient.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top