Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 12:01:38 PM EDT
I know its early, being that the AW Ban has only susnet for 14 hours or so (PST).  And I also recognize that many dealers probably have a shelf-full of LEO-marked AR's they want to get rid of.

However, I got to ask if y'all think the LEO-marked AR's will eventually be a collectible? I mean, there is a finite supply, and marks a chapter if our Country's 2A history.  It is also--in private hands--a reminder of the renewed freedoms we currently enjoy and reminder to be ever vigilant against liberal gun-grabbers.

What you think?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i see it as being a liability for the life of the gun.  i wouldn't get one unless it was REAL cheap.  it only takes 1 shithead cop to ruin your day.  by the time they've got things straightened out you've paid the bondsman and gotten ass raped by bubba.  call me paranoid, but most folks don't follow the ins/outs of gun legislation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't pay extra for one. But I wouldn't pay extra for an SP1 either, and a lot of people do.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I was actually wondering if a post ban weapon, left as a post ban would be a collectible. Decided it wouldn't. I don't have any left anyway!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing you'll have to worry about the next AWB before LEO marked guns make it into a collectible status. There are a lot of em out there. If you got one I'd say shoot it and have fun.

As for worrying about some cop giving you a hard time cause it has LEO stampings (psot from a couple back) I wouldn't worry. We've been buying "Property of US Army" 1911s, Garands, M-1s and stuff since WWII. Bunches of departments trade in guns with department markings and their sold with those markings intact.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top