Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 7:19:29 AM EDT
Have I been worrying unneccesarily all these years??

I have a WWII M1 Carbine that I got from DCM some thirty five years ago.
I picked up a "Paratrooper" M1 Carbine Folding stock, sometime after that.

I never got around to putting them togeather, and after the BAN went into effect
I had been afraid (reluctant) to put them togeather for fear of doing so illeagally.

I have been recently told that because the m1 was built before the ban (= a pre-ban"),
I could have put the stock on at any time and it would have been leagal to do so.

Is this true ??

ALSO

Is there any reasonably valid reason (doubly redundant ??) to have a "post  ban" AR-15 to which I will add a collapseable stock to (now that the ban is dead - and it is legal)

DOCUMENTED

as having existed in this state at a time when NO BAN was in effect

In the event that another ban is enacted sometime in the future (like after the election)??

It has been argued to me that anything assembled in the period prior to the possilbe NEXT ban, will fall under the catagory of the new "PRE BAN" definition.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#1]
You are fine to assemble on both accounts. As for a new ban etc. etc.  write your Congressman, Senators, and anyone else who will listen.. Another one could be worse..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top