Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 4:42:21 AM EDT
i recently bought a  "no-name" 4-position stock.
checked it over, no burs or imperfections, and did'nt seem loose or any defects.
but after installing it and trying to pull back the charging handle, the bolt and charging handle only move about a 1/8 ".
any ideas of what to check first to see what is holding it up?
thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#1]
My guess is that you didn't screw the buffer tube in far enough to capture the Buffer Retaining Pin/spring which is inhibiting travel of the bolt carrier.

Remove and reassemble, note, upstairs is a tab called: INFORMATION, instructions for lower assembly are there if ya need 'em.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:04:32 AM EDT
[#2]
the original buffer tube and the collapsable tube are almost exactly at the same spot over the buffer pin!
if i turn the tube one more revolution, the buffer tube will be tight up against the spring loaded pin!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:15:31 AM EDT
[#3]

the buffer tube will be tight up against the spring loaded pin!

Assume ya mean the little tit stickin up on the buffer retaining pin, sounds like this ain't the problem then, hmmmmmm......

Can you compress the buffer inside the noname collapsable stock when upper is removed, WITH NO BINDING OR PROBLEMS? (remove the bolt carrier/bolt assembly from the removed upper, see if it will slide back into the lower buffer tube by hand)

Have you recently changed trigger, bolt carrier or charging handle parts?

Perhaps the no-name part tube is outta spec.....,

Mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:59:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

the buffer tube will be tight up against the spring loaded pin!

Assume ya mean the little tit stickin up on the buffer retaining pin, sounds like this ain't the problem then, hmmmmmm......

Can you compress the buffer inside the noname collapsable stock when upper is removed, WITH NO BINDING OR PROBLEMS? (remove the bolt carrier/bolt assembly from the removed upper, see if it will slide back into the lower buffer tube by hand)

Have you recently changed trigger, bolt carrier or charging handle parts?

Perhaps the no-name part tube is outta spec.....,
Mike

that's what im thinking
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:20:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps you have installed the rifle buffer.  Stranger things have happened.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:26:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Could be, although I assumed he knew that a carbine spring and buffer were mandatory when swapping from an A2 standard stock buffer and spring.

Perhaps not, good catch 123.......

Mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:44:21 AM EDT
[#7]
the stock came with it's own buffer and spring.
i ready to smash the F'er with a hammer and then post pics.
that stock aint getting ahead of me!
thanks for the replies
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Check the mouth of the tube to make sure the edge isn't rolled over causing the carrier to hangup .
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top