Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2004 9:18:07 PM EDT
I just finished putting together my formerly felonious weapon. It is a Bushmaster M4 Flattop. All looks good except that the slide will not lock back with a mag in it. It will lock back if a press up on the mag as I let the slide forward but if I don't it won't stay back. It will lock back with green followers though just not black follower, GI, 30 round mags. Any know what the issue is? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Not familier with a 'slide' on an AR-15.

Do you mean the bolt carrier is not locking back on an empty magazeine with black followers?

Do these magazines lock the bolt back in other ARs?  If so the problem could be your magazine catch isn't tight enough - press the button all the way and rotate the catch on the other side 1 turn.

If the magazines are untested - they could just be bad magazines (it happens).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top