Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2004 1:23:00 PM EDT
  I just wanted to know if this is true. You know, incase they come out with a new law/ban in a month I'll have proof of it's new configuration before the new law/ban goes into affect. Will this be neccassary?  If so what type of proof are ya'll having made up?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
aw jeeze, not this shit again.

No offense to you, but these types of questions pop up all of the freakin time.

The correct answer is no, because if the put a NEW BAN IN PLACE, they have these options for your gun (depending on the ban, and what was in it):

Grandfather your gun in.
Make them illegal, period, causing you to have to completely switch your configuration around.

OR, (God save their souls), the make a ban that requires you to turn over youre rifle. PERIOD. <<which of course would be illegal, no kno liberal would care anyway.

The ban is dead, it has no effect anymore. The only thing liberals can do is, make a new one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
 But I thought that after this present ban went into affect you had to have proof of what configuration your rifle was in before the ban. Like if you had just a lower before the ban went into affect , then you could'nt build it into a complete preban rifle after the ban because it was'nt in complete rifle form before the ban. Am I way off?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#5]
How many people had proof before the last ban, other than the complete rifle records of Colt and Bushmaster????  Why is there so much pessisism on the "next ban".  Use your energy to ensure a "next ban" doesn't occur rather than preparing the the "next ban".
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
  I just wanted to know if this is true. You know, incase they come out with a new law/ban in a month I'll have proof of it's new configuration before the new law/ban goes into affect. Will this be neccassary?  If so what type of proof are ya'll having made up?

Know if what is true? What new law are you trying to comply with? One that hasn't been written or voted on yet? Your questions seem to be based on a ban that will be null and void in a matter of hours from now. Rejoice in that rather than trying to predict the wording of future bills/laws.

This topic keeps going around.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top