Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2004 8:59:44 AM EDT
with the AWB ban expiration i know i can do the flash hider and bayonet, but can i get my selector switched out for the 3-shot burst option???
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#1]
No you cannot.

And btw that conversion involves 'switching' alot more than just the selector.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#2]
No, but more importantly (IMO), who or what ever gave you the idea that you might be able to???

Seriously, I'm interested in an answer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Wtf with all the low post counters asking about machinegun parts?  

I suppose they could be getting all their information from the TV.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Take it easy. Lots of misinformation floating around (lots prepetrated by the mainstream media).
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You know it, people listen to police cheif's combining two totally seperate terms (machine gun and assult weapon) like they know what the hell they are talking about and the people beleive.  At least this gentleman has the presence of mind to ask.  It is our job to set people straight, not with opinions but facts!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Lots of misinformation floating around

Exactly. Which is why I'm very interested in where he got his info.

Care to offer up an answer iamquaker???
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You know it, people listen to police cheif's combining two totally seperate terms (machine gun and assult weapon) like they know what the hell they are talking about and the people beleive.  At least this gentleman has the presence of mind to ask.  It is our job to set people straight, not with opinions but facts!

Yep. So the proper answer would be yes, you could. And no, it does not have anything to do with the AWB. You just have to find a $8,000+ registered part that can be transferred, file the proper forms with the ATF, pay a $200 tax stamp, and then convert your rifle into a MG.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Sure you can!  As long as you own a registered sear/AR-15 conversion or M-16. No worries -Rock &Roll!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No, but more importantly (IMO), who or what ever gave you the idea that you might be able to???

Seriously, I'm interested in an answer.

FOXNEWS? They said machine guns will be available Monday morning. You mean it is not true?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
with the AWB ban expiration i know i can do the flash hider and bayonet, but can i get my selector switched out for the 3-shot burst option???

You know, this kind of disinformation really scares the hell out of me.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#11]
You have to wonder just how long it will take for another AWB to rear its ugly head.  With all the news about how most evil guns were still legal anyway, the next go around will see the left trying to get all our black rifles?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Friday morning I had a call from a customer wanting to know if we could order him an 11.5 inch barrel for his AR, now that the Ban was expiring.

There are LOTS of people out there, NOT just the media, that are totally clueless about what will transpire after the 13th.

By the way, after I explained that the 16 inch barrel length for rifles was regulated under the 1934 NFA, and that if he REALLY wanted one with a shorter barrel, he could obtain the forms, fill them out and submit them with the $200 SBR Tax and once approved, he could order and install the 11.5 inch barrel himself.

I think he's lost interest.

Lonny
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

yeah. stupid low post counters!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a question about the varius tax stamps....it's not that I am stupid for asking this I just dont know because I have never asked before and have had no experience with it.  Question: Does a person have to register and buy a new tax stamp every year?

Thanks,

Wes
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#15]
No.  The tax stamp is a one time deal for each weapon.  It is not tranferable to anyone.  You must obtain a tax stamp for each weapon/suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I had some fool at work the other day say he would be happy when the ban expires because then he could finaly shoot his AR-15, I told him I shoot mine all the time and asked why he couldn't shoot his, he said his was full auto. I then began to educate him in gun laws. After explaining to him what an NFA weapon was he still wanted to lie and said when he gets discharged and goes home he would have to drive around several states just to get it home cause they didn't allow NFA weapons. I then had to educate him even furthur and explain to him that this state is not an NFA state and he would be in deep poo poo if he "did" have what he said he had. I think he finaly figured out I knew he was not being truthful.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the info sgtmike, I was curious as I had thought of building my own suppressor and registering it...I probably wouldn't be allowed to build my own anyway...I am gonna look into it.

Thanks,

Wes
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info sgtmike, I was curious as I had thought of building my own suppressor and registering it...I probably wouldn't be allowed to build my own anyway...I am gonna look into it.

No, building a suppressor is perfectly legal as long as you fill out the mother-may-I form.  It's just that to build a suppressor you fill out a form 1 and send in $200, instead of a form 4 and $200 to have one that's already built transferred to you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought it was $5.00 for a supressor?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah. stupid low post counters!

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#21]
IBTL
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top