Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2004 6:32:50 AM EDT
Has anyone dealt with this company out of Colorado before i order from them?  Thanx
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one deal with Cal.  I bought an MP5 from Cal sight unseen (picture) on 9/7/01.  Took bloody forever to transfer (to be fair the ATF kind of shut down after 9/11 and the anthrax shit).

Once it finally transferred and I got it - golden.  Exactly as advertised, and  the best firearm I have ever purchased.

So, one thumbs up for Cal as a straight shooter.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I have dealt with them on two instances. Quick shipping both times. Would recommend.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I've gone into his shop several times.  Only bought accessories.  He must get a lot of phone orders, because he walk around with a headset.

-MG
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a good experience buying a shotgun in-store from them last year. All sorts of interesting goodies and great prices.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Cal is an asshat

read a review of his place over at the Colorado AR15 shooters site..

www.coloradoshooting.org

goto the forums and look under dealer reviews.

Cal is also a whinny beotch.  called in the atf because someone was selling USP mags and he "thought" they were "illegal" imports or some crap like that.

customer service at the store sux too, treats you like he's doing you a favor by letting you in the store.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#6]
You've heard of the Soup Nazi?  Well, Cal's made themselves the self-appointed Magazine Nazis.  With the AWB going away, I wonder what ATFE law he will take up to appoint himself overseer of?  Maybe the parts count law???
His prices are good, but if you want to deal with someone who would call the ATFE on you if you try to sell him mags, or anything else I presume, that HE thinks are illegal, then that is between you and your conscience.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you all very much for your input, i will not be dealing with him.  Once again AR15.COM rules!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top