BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2004 5:39:50 AM EDT

New bushy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Not until tomorrow.  Not yet legal today.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Like it is going to matter anyway... I am sure no one is going to kick your door down and haul your ass to jail for it today anyway but he is right... not till tomorrow...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Why would you make a rifle like that? why not a 14.5 with phanton or a 16". It just does not make sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:53:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why would you make a rifle like that? why not a 14.5 with phanton or a 16". It just does not make sense to me.

I've got one for a very specific reason.  I want to develop heavy grain loads (75gr & 77gr) for SBR's and that is the only legal way I can "play" with a SBR configuration in MI.  I may not always live in MI and I want the data for future reference.  While that configuration is just about useless for long distance shooting, I say "To each their own".
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:54:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, replace a couple words in your sentance and you sound like an anti gun nut...

"Why would you make a rifle like that? Why not a bolt action rifle or better yet no gun at all."

I like it, its a cool rifle....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:54:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Now their is a good reason i will also have to build one. I am not staying here in MI much longer.

I always wondered why you would sacrifice so much performance and gain nothing. Now i know their is a very good reason, to gather data for when I move, TX in two years you will have a new resident.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:14:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You mean like this.

I have two other AR, ones a 16"A3 with all the trimmings, ACOG, SIR, ect. And one with a 20" HBAR, both preban Colts. I always liked the XM look and I wanted to build another AR just to comemmorate the ban sunsetting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:37:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wow, replace a couple words in your sentance and you sound like an anti gun nut...

"Why would you make a rifle like that? Why not a bolt action rifle or better yet no gun at all."

No, that is not what he meant. He meant since it has to be 16 inches, why not use all 16 inches for barrel, and not flash hider? Thus giving you more fps. The answer explained why.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:44:49 AM EDT
[#9]
To me it is the same thing. Anti gunners campaingned against our rifles the first time sighting that they were not practical. I firmly believe "to each his own" and I dont think that anyone needs to be questioning "why" someone would build that kind of rifle. Just because it does not make sense to you doesn't mean that it is not perfectly suited for someone else. That is my point.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:57:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Because you want it is one of the best reasons there is, I will admit that. I just wanted to know if their is another reason. Mongo gave me a reason to build one with one of the lowers I have.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I love how this went from, "Post some pics" to lets bash this guy because he chose to build a rifle one configuration or another...I too, have a carbine with a 11.5/5.5 combo--just for the sake of collecting, and I like it just fine...and since I don't plan on taking to some shit hole country and killing people with it, who gives a rats ass about it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I am also in the process of building a 11.5/5.5. I think it looks cool.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Some time this week maybe.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
img88.exs.cx/img88/1176/new-ar.jpg

New bushy.

POLICE ARREST HIM HE HAS NO RIGHT TO MATE THOSE RECIVERS THIS EARLY IN THE DAY!!!

Please wait until midnight my friends.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks just like my SGW CAR-AR, the one AR that always gets range time.  40k rounds and counting!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#16]
shame shame!  You must wait like everybody else!!

Besides, we already have a pic thread started.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=200239
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top